Charger Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the drive through at Chick-fil-A at lunch today and as I pull up to the window the lady leans out looking over the Charger and says "police?". I am looking behind me thinking "Police, where?". Then she tells me she thought I was a cop and was going to give me a police discount. I'll Bet I can't pass as a cop when (not if) I get pulled in the Charger :)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
hahaha that's funny. I'm pretty sure they give 50% but I'm not sure. The R/T in the front and the chrome rims should of screamed not police, oh well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm in the drive through at Chick-fil-A at lunch today and as I pull up to the window the lady leans out looking over the Charger and says "police?". I am looking behind me thinking "Police, where?". Then she tells me she thought I was a cop and was going to give me a police discount. I'll Bet I can't pass as a cop when (not if) I get pulled in the Charger :)
Careful there though...one night my buddy just joking around in the drive through was all like oh and im a cop so that will be a police discount...well the lady turned him in and he was arrested for impersonating a police officer haha for some reason she didnt take it as funny at all

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
cops get a discout? thats the lamest thing ive ever heard. why am i not suprised tho.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
of course they get a discount. why do you think the same cops hang out at the same donut shops, restaurants and starbucks? having police around is not a bad business move...unless the drug youre dealing isnt caffeine.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
What if she said, "Police?" and you said yes to get the discount, then instead she said, "Can you come inside? Someone is giving us a problem." :grin:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
cops get a discout? thats the lamest thing ive ever heard. why am i not suprised tho.

Hey, every little bit helps. My dad is retired law enforcement and I work for the SC Department of Public Saftey. I've been around LEOs all my life and most, if not all, will tell you that enforcement of the law isn't exactly an easy job. So a "supporting vendor" just give a little thank you to these men and women. For the facility it also gives those places a sense of security and is a crime deterrent as well. Now I think it is lame when people abuse some of the fringe benefits.

I will say this about the car though, until I got my SRT hood, I slowed traffic on the I :grin:

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
*edit*

i dont like the way i worded what i wrote

why does a cop deserve to spend less than i do when we both get paid for doing our job as it is? he gets paid to protect. taking the drive through aint really protecting anything, cept maybe his gut with a new layer of fat.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
*edit*

why does a cop deserve to spend less than i do when we both get paid for doing our job as it is? he gets paid to protect. taking the drive through aint really protecting anything, cept maybe his gut with a new layer of fat.

Because it's an incentive to have cops hang around places that get robbed or have problems with patrons often. I don't think an engineer hanging around 7-11 at 3am is much of a deterrent.

·
Registered
522 Posts
*edit*

And what exactly is it you do? Sell cell phones? Wash cars? Speed and change lanes without using a signal...? OK, step into any one of our shoes for a day. I'm not saying I'm better than you in any way, but don't compare what you do to what any given cop does on any given day. I know men who have given their lives to protect the public... yeah, even people like you! So, I've always learned, unless you have something to say.... don't say anything at all.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I know men who have given their lives to protect the public... yeah, even people like you! So, I've always learned, unless you have something to say.... don't say anything at all.
i clearly had something to say. and i said it.

yea. cops protect me from myself speeding down a 65 mph road at 55 and changing lanes without signaling. omg im a danger to the world.

i have a sneaking suspicion that youve read a certain rant i went on if you mention changing lanes. thats a different subject.

and if you really dont know.

im a mechanical engineer. i hardly call some one sitting and reading a news paper at a table in chikfila puting his life on the line, less the fatty is got high blood pressure and hopin he doesnt have a heart attack tomarrow.

cops get benefits from the employers for all of the high and mighty things they do.

if they getta discount on food for protecting the place. i should get a discount at the car dealership i designed. and air plane tickets at bush intercontinental houston airport that im working on. and free banking at one of the 50 banks ive designed. or how about free food at the restaurants ive designed?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
i clearly had something to say. and i said it.

yea. cops protect me from myself speeding down a 65 mph road at 55 and changing lanes without signaling. omg im a danger to the world.

i have a sneaking suspicion that youve read a certain rant i went on if you mention changing lanes. thats a different subject.

and if you really dont know.

im a mechanical engineer. i hardly call some one sitting and reading a news paper at a table in chikfila puting his life on the line, less the fatty is got high blood pressure and hopin he doesnt have a heart attack tomarrow.

cops get benefits from the employers for all of the high and mighty things they do.

if they getta discount on food for protecting the place. i should get a discount at the car dealership i designed. and air plane tickets at bush intercontinental houston airport that im working on. and free banking at one of the 50 banks ive designed. or how about free food at the restaurants ive designed?
I feel really bad for you. If I ever see you at a M&G I'll buy you lunch so you don't feel left out of the secret club.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
alot of place's give cops discounts-i do at my shop. and in coral spring fla 3 OUT OF all the mc donald's out there give out free coffee to the cops.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
lol, i can feel you man. a lot of cops are totally useless, but there are a few that truly do their job. those few officers out there i appreciate very much.

the parking, meter maid pos are the ones i have an issue with. parking in the red zone at starbucks blocking other cars from getting out just so they can get their mid day coffee and danish.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
lol, i can feel you man. a lot of cops are totally useless, but there are a few that truly do their job. those few officers out there i appreciate very much.

the parking, meter maid pos are the ones i have an issue with. parking in the red zone at starbucks blocking other cars from getting out just so they can get their mid day coffee and danish.
i agree. im not saying all cops are bad, so i gues... dont get me wrong.. but i have come across one cop in my life that i think was fair. i got the ticket for 82 in a 70, i deserved it. i know this, and he was lenient on teh fact that i hadnt put my registration sticker on, as it was past due, but in the mail. so it was chill.

but ive been pulled over for doing 40, in a 40. had the cop tell me i was in a school zone of 35 (when the one he was referring to was actually 25). in which he didnt even SEE me til about half a mile out of the zone. i was profiled for having long hair with my window down and the music on.

he wanted to search my car, he ripped the thing to shreds. left it a mess.
ive had cops arrest my friend for "evading arrest" when he kept driving as a man NOT in a uniform chased him with a gun. stopped 200 yards later when there were cops at the end of the street. they ripped him outta the car and beat him up when he already held his hands up. he was coming home from college class on the last day of school, to his home, wehre his old roomate got arrested for possesion of marjiuana, and they went and raided the house.
all of those cops are in deep trouble at the moment in the courts for what they did.

like i said. ticketed for failing to signal on a highway while driving 10 under the limit. when people drive 100 mph down the thing regulary thousands of times a day.

the list goes on. 9/10 cops are power trippin pigs who wanna make a quota(which a judge i know TOLD ME that this cop was probably doing when she ticketed me)

oh. a co-worker chick of mine rides a 900cc ducati. she got pulled over for going the pace of traffic at 50, in a 40. the cop, she JUST told me not 5 mins ago, was very cool. let her go because she did not fit the PROFILE of 18-23 y/o BOYS speeding down that street on motorcycles. and that they pull over every single bike doing even 1 mph over. he advised her NOT to go thru that area of town on her bike no matter what she does.

the problem is that, if the cop says you were doing "this". then you were. you could be an angel, but if they say you are a devil, what can you do? nothing.

i dont care what the circumstances are. im tired of the profiling. the BS they want to pull on you. the joy they get from having authority. the benefits they get that no one else gets when others work jsut as hard if not harder to make a buck.

yes. there are good cops. it is just very very very depressing how few there are. in a city of 7+ million. that means theres virtually none. and no. i still dont like cops.

/rant off.
/volcano heat suit, on.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
yeah, its amazing how living in a large city will make you dislike law enforcement in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I saw a leo in a chrysler 300 yesterday at the grocery. Couldnt even tell until i got closer and saw the red and blues, didnt realize they drove those around here.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Not worth my time.............

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.