Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While i was at lunch a chevy truck hit my Charger R/T. My wife and three kids are fine so ill call it all good while i get the insurance companies to FIX THIS MESS! So far everyone is in agreeance none of the accident was my fault. I wont dwell on any more of the accident other than to say the other driver admits fault. Gas and brake are meant to be used independently! So here is whats wrong below and im going to start looking at replacement parts to get my car back together but better than before!

Its an 07 but ive only had it 34 days, im heart broken.
List of damage as much as i could see:
1) right front headlight - id like to put in halos and i need to look at styles
2) front grill i wanted to change this, good enough reason to do it now
3)front body
4) possibly hood, id like to put on a srt8 hood even if some of the cost is on me.
5) right front panel
6) right front tire is "crunched" in
7) left front tire is ripped but still holding air, it ripped as it took the impact and slid sideways.
8) paint in the front right area, dont know how much area other than the panel.
9)right front mag was an american racing black rougue so i need it replaced.
10) I'll be pushing insurance for diminished value!
Thats all i know of so far, its been about 9 hours ago.
Ive really enjoyed being on this forum and Im open for anyones suggestions or advice. If there is advice i want it front you guys, you know what its like to have a car like this and really care for it.

· Registered
7,224 Posts
ey bro i was about to put my stock silver hood on sale..what do u say?

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FinallyCharged. If possible i would liek to put an SRT 8 hood in but if the insurance companies throw a fit ill buy the stock. What are you asking for it?

You can email me directly if you want to. [email protected]

· Registered
7,224 Posts
i really dont know how much a stock hood goes for...any ideas?

· Registered
1,001 Posts

· Registered
1,743 Posts
Sorry about the accident, glad everyone is okay. Make sure you tell insurance adjuster that you want OEM parts, and do press for diminished value. Be prepared to wait a bit on parts if you get oem, apparently Chrysler is not making many parts, since they keep shutting down their plants.... If you want an aftermarket grille, ebay has some nice ones. I took the opportunity to buy a MoPower chin for mine too!

Parts may not take that long for you, I had to wait for a new roof, and that seems to be what the hold up was.

Good luck getting her fixed up again, keep us posted.

· Registered
1,224 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Is GA a no fault state? Pictures to share?

· Registered
2,704 Posts
yeah really nothing like a large sedan to absorb punishment when your family is involved.think of it as your car saved the family and did what it was designed to do.i went through the same crap .i say just get the estimate take the car home get the check buy the parts you need on here and other forums ebay as well.then just get a shop to do the work.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Synner, appreciate it! Yes really bumming me out at first. But I’ll make it turn around.
InfernoGirl, Thank you, Oem Parts good detail to add to my list. Im trying to be very specific with the insurance people.
Nomad Phoenix, Yeah Ga is a no fault state, but I believe the acessors will still be looking to fault someone and im pretty clearly in the right. The report shows him admitting fault. Got my fingers crossed!

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll get pics soon

Charlie, Yes family was the most important thing in the accident. Thank you, Im really fortunate the mini cooper doesn’t fit my personality…lol
Topbanana3767, you’ve had the insurance trials and tribulations and have the car redone in the end? Im really glad to hear of previous experience with this. This is my first accident where I’m the driver.
Girth05, Oh hell yeah! I’ll stop buy to visit the shop soon as I can. I must admit I do love the visuals! My job is visual effects so I should have taken a ton of photos but unfortunately I was just beside myself at the time. But its time to get some pictures and assess the damage with a clear head. Look for some goodies maybe tomorrow night.

· Registered
7,224 Posts
there you go man...ill let it go for 200 bucks..all u man..u dont even have to paint it...lol

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally Charged,
I havent forgotten you on this hood deal. Im strugglin thru the insurance and police reports now. I should have an assessment on this soon and I'll check to see if you still have the hood.
The hood is the original metal one in silver with no damage? Got any pictures?

Thanks man this has been a taxing ordeal slammed into the last 8 days.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The car is almost new

Well the hood didnt end up in the deal, but overall the whole front end is all new. The new stripes will be put on in a week after the paint has had some time. Seems like a new car already. I just picked it up yesterday after well over a month. An ordeal but those of you who commented were totally right. The car is now better than before and well **** happens. Thanks for the support and also the advice on what to do during a situation like this. I'll post before and after shots as soon at the racing stripes are back on. Currently my charger is naked silver....lol

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You wanted to see?

We got any pictures coming?
Girth05,
Sorry it took so long, but there are pics before the crash, during the tear down(ill add more from this part) and now the concept for what you'll see of the car after the 6th of April. All of these are in the members gallery. Just look under K for my group of images. I hope you enjoy. I'll add the vide o of the real damage to the car next and if you were wondering it was about 7k worth of destruction. adds up quick.

On the 6th I have all the racing stripes being redone with the new design youll see in the gallery. It will be unmistakable car on the road at that point.

more to come.

· Registered
12 Posts
I got my charger keyed at work and it was 3000 worth of damage. they blended the paint really good and insurance paid it all and replaced all the stickers. new problem today. anyone every not able to get their charger to go into gear? my 06 gomango is stuck at work cause I couldn't even get it to shift into reverse or drive. No leak in transmission, steering wheel moved, tried rocking it to slip it in and nothing. anyone ever experience this one?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.