Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I've been carefully selecting my MODs for my 06 Charger R/T and am now up to exhaust (sigh...). Sooo many choices. I've had the pleasure of hearing LM2s, Zoomers, & Flowmasters in person. Lately I've been hearing about the Cherry Bomb catback for the 5.7. Basically its just an "H" pipe with 2 Vortex mufflers and no resos.

What really intrigues me though is the claims that this system has NO DRONE! (Mind you, I cant confirm that CB's have no drone but the view people on this forum who have purchased this system swear by it.) Now this is nothing new, Zoomers and Corsas have been making the no-drone claim for a while now. But these systems are all upwards of $1000 bux (usually more). So now I'm thinking... how is it that CB has been able to create a zone-free AGGRESSIVE system for less than $400 bux when all other aggressive systems suffer from drone? How can this be? Is it too good to be true? BTW, i am aware that the CB system isnt stainless, but still... $350 for a catback that sounds good and actually gives a pretty good performance increase?

The only difference between the CB and basically EVERY OTHER major catback system out there today is that CB uses (what is supposed to be an inferior) "H" pipe design. What do you guys think? Is it possible that the beloved "X" pipe design may have something to do with amplifying drone that our stock resos are so good at eliminating?

Experts feel free to chime in.

I really want to get this catback as it sounds (to me) as good as those $1000 sytems... nice and loud and DEEP, but I just was wondering about the whole drone and "H" pipe issue.

·
Registered
455 Posts
You pretty much answered your own question. The system isn't full stainless. That alone is going to give you a cost diff. Also what are the flow numbers on the system compared to others? The thing to remember is that all of the systems will free up some hp. None will give you monster hp increases so go with what you like, what you can afford and what you think sounds good. When considering cost remember that if the system is of inferior material you will likely be replacing it a lot sooner than a full stainless one. When that is taken into account including the environment you live in, saving up for a stainless system may not be such a bad idea. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You pretty much answered your own question. The system isn't full stainless. That alone is going to give you a cost diff. Also what are the flow numbers on the system compared to others? The thing to remember is that all of the systems will free up some hp. None will give you monster hp increases so go with what you like, what you can afford and what you think sounds good. When considering cost remember that if the system is of inferior material you will likely be replacing it a lot sooner than a full stainless one. When that is taken into account including the environment you live in, saving up for a stainless system may not be such a bad idea. Just a thought.
Just how much shorter is the life span of a non stainless system? Do you think it will last at least 2 years? Isn't there some kind of spray i can purchase to coat it to lengthen the life? What material is the stock system?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OPS: accidentally created 2 threads. Anyway to consolidate these?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Just how much shorter is the life span of a non stainless system? Do you think it will last at least 2 years? Isn't there some kind of spray i can purchase to coat it to lengthen the life? What material is the stock system?
just letting u kno that i answered that question on the other thread... feel free to ask some more though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts