Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay im hearing alot of good things about the cherry bomb exhaust system, how it has that great old school sound, adds about 10hp, and there is no drone .. now the question i have is this, some of the people installing this system are modding it and not putting the glass pack in (what exactly is a glass pack and what does it do ). by doing this what effect does it have does it increase the loudness of the exhaust and if that is the case does taking off the glass pack does it bring the drone back ??, what do you guys think of this system. i went to mieneke to get a quote on an exhaust system and the guy actually suggested this one as well. they only make it for the v8 model but i was told by the people at cherry popper that it could fit my 3.5 v6 with a little modding.

·
Registered
584 Posts
A "Glasspack" is a type of muffler. Conventional mufflers are reverse flow to minimize noise, but a glasspack is a straight through type "packed" with fiberglass strands to absorb sound.
If you merely leave out the glasspack, you essentially have straight pipes and it will be rather loud, and probably drone at cruising speeds. Some people desire this, some not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts