Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks new here and doing some cross shopping. It's between a 2014 Charger R/T, 2014 Camaro SS and 2014 Ford SHO. I am 6'3 228 and found the charger to be the most comfy. The Camaro felt the fastest and the SHO was not bad and felt fast. Has anyone here owned a Camaro or SHO for comparison purposes? I have owned GM cars previously with not good luck. I like Ford quality and don't know anything Dodge quality. Any advice is appreciated

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey folks new here and doing some cross shopping. It's between a 2014 Charger R/T, 2014 Camaro SS and 2014 Ford SHO. I am 6'3 228 and found the charger to be the most comfy. The Camaro felt the fastest and the SHO was not bad and felt fast. Has anyone here owned a Camaro or SHO for comparison purposes? I have owned GM cars previously with not good luck. I like Ford quality and don't know anything Dodge quality. Any advice is appreciated
I 6'3" also and with all the Dodge and Chrysler cars I've owned they are the roomiest and most comfy. I'm in love with this R/T after my Challenger SRT8. Both awesome cars, but the 4 doors and full size sedan did it for me. Even with the HP difference the R/T still feels muscular at WOT. :driving:

I test drove the Camaro..no room for me. Felt closed in. Drove a Taurus, nice..but my heart belongs to Chrysler/Dodge..:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I love the SHO, but would have no interest in owning one. In 2005 I bought my 2006 Charger, which was my return to rear wheel drive after 5 years driving front wheel drive. I'm not going back to FWD.

Mike

Sent from my phone

·
Registered
66 Posts
6'4" 300 lbs. here. Among other vehicles for daily driving, I've had an 89 Camaro IROC-Z, 2 98 Trans Ams, a 2005 Mustang GT, and now a 2013 Super Bee. While looking for a new vehicle about a month ago, my final 2 cars to decide between were the 2013-14 Mustang GT and 2012+ SRT-8/Super Bee. After test driving the Charger, I knew it was absolutely the right car for me at this point in my life. In all honesty on my test drive, I liked it much better than the 2014 Mustang GT I test drove, which REALLY surprised me since I had been driving a 2005 Mustang GT for the past several years. The Charger also felt more comfortable with me and my entire family in it than when I test drove the Mustang with just me and the salesman in it. The Super Bee (or any of the V8 Chargers) is an amazing combination of size/space, ability to haul my family of 5 in comfort, and performance.

One last thing, if you aren't opposed to a slightly used car, you could find a year or 2 old, low mile SRT-8 or Super Bee in about the same price range as those other brand new cars you listed (low $30k's).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went form a 2011 Camaro SS to a charger r/t to have a bigger family car. The R/T was superior to the camaro ss in all aspects except performance. However the SRT8 superbee can be had in that price range. I got mine for 41k and blows the Camaro out the water in performance and is more practical. Might be an option you want to explore.

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
As far as comparability, obviously you would want to test drive all three and see what YOU think!

Dodge has improved a lot in recent years!

The Camaro is a 2 door, while the Charger and SHO are 4 door sedans!

The Camaro and Charger are RWD, while the SHO is FWD and will handle differently!

If you care about the infotainment in the vehicle, you might want to check this out:

Top 10 Infotainment Systems

#10 - MyFord Touch

MyFord Touch is slow, buggy and prone to crashes – but it’s also easy to use and features quite possibly the best voice-recognition software in the industry.

It has flaws, but MyFord Touch uses the four-corners of the screen as constantly available “buttons” that take you to the phone, navigation, climate control and media apps. With the shortcuts essentially docked to the corners of the screen, it’s actually easy to get to the apps you want without looking at the screen directly.

However, the real star of the show is Ford’s voice-recognition software, which practically makes every function of the infotainment system accessible to you without having to take your hands off the steering wheel or your eyes off the road.

#5 - Chevrolet MyLink (Chevrolet, Buick and GMC)

MyLink (sometimes called Intellilink) may be a bit slow in terms of touch-screen responsiveness, but it offers customizability in addition to top-notch connectivity features. For example, if your car doesn’t have navigation, you can use an app on your phone called BringGo to give the car that added feature. That functionality is not saved for expensive luxury cars, but is available with entry-level models including the Spark, Sonic and Trax.

Additionally, MyLink tends to augment its touch-screen with a few physical buttons, making it easier to use at a quick glance.

#1 - Uconnect (Chrysler, Dodge, Maserati and Jeep Vehicles)

Without a doubt, the best infotainment system available today is Uconnect. It has bright, clear visuals, a responsive screen and navigation software powered by Garmin. There’s even the capability to create an in-car Wi-Fi hotspot.

New models from Jeep and Chrysler are even getting apps and connected car features like the ability to unlock and start your car via a smart-phone, or use internet apps like Pandora, Aha, iHeartRadio and Slacker Radio in your car.

If there’s one complaint about Uconnect, is that it’s not particularly pretty with a resolution of just 640×480 (standard definition in layman’s term) but that’s OK because it works, is fast and loaded with features.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Check out an 13/14 SRT - deals to be had

Hey David - as a former GM devotee - now with two Mopars in the garage, I'd say Dodge has the best blend of performance, technology and comfort. I shopped a bunch and came back to the SRT Charger again and again. There are deals on 13/14 SRTs (especially including Bees) that have been sitting in dealer stock. With the new 2015 MY launched now is a good time to make a great deal on a 470HP four door. You will not regret it.

Good Luck with your search !!

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Camaro, wouldn't touch it... different class

Ford is like the prissy girl in high school. Ok to take home to mom, all about image.

Charger, like the girl that owns a Harley. Somewhat unrefined, knows what she wants, and puts a smile on your face :)

See if there's anyway you can step up to the SRT.

·
Registered
200 Posts
After 25K on my 2012, I would put the Dodge's quality up against a Ford's any day. And unless GM has improved their quality since my experience with a 2009 Cadillac, the Charger will blow them away in quality. Good luck with your choice, but it sounds like an R/T would be a great fit for you. Just curious, what model did you look at; R/T base, Road & Track, Max?

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
After 25K on my 2012, I would put the Dodge's quality up against a Ford's any day. And unless GM has improved their quality since my experience with a 2009 Cadillac, the Charger will blow them away in quality. Good luck with your choice, but it sounds like an R/T would be a great fit for you. Just curious, what model did you look at; R/T base, Road & Track, Max?
I just reviewed some OEM quality data. Most OEM's were pretty much clustered in a small area. Fiat, which included Chrysler, was roughly 3x worse than most OEM's. The big surprise, to me anyway, Kia's quality came in at unheard of excellent values.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts