Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
turn traction control off....basically give you the three way esp switch that the srt8 offers..........so you can spin wheels at will......i ordered the gsm mod....which looks promising based on the latest posts....does basically the same thing..turns off traction control, suppose to give better shifts points...but i digress....i wonder if this works.....when i wire the esp mod i will let people know.....

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I've seen this mod before, except the wire was cut at a different connector. I'm certainly not brave enough to try it. Hell, it took me a week to build up enought nerve to pop off my light switch knob. :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah me too that is why i paid the money to gsm to give me everything i need to do it.....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Good thing I remember it was the green wire with the yellow stripe. I looked at the page yesterday and now it tells me I am not allowed to look at the topic. Wow.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
radguy said:
Good thing I remember it was the green wire with the yellow stripe. I looked at the page yesterday and now it tells me I am not allowed to look at the topic. Wow.

Good thing I remembered not to cut any wires on my Charger. But, I'm a wus.

·
Registered
89 Posts
a14umbra said:
Good thing I remembered not to cut any wires on my Charger. But, I'm a wus.
It was actually a joke on my part. I have seen the mod done on the 03 Hemi rams and they were not any faster than my stock 04. So I feel it will be completely worthless on these cars as well.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
miamiyogi said:
Hey GoDaddy...how did your GSM mod work out (or anyone else)
hurricane rita has put a major downer on the gsm mod.....it was set to come in on weds, well the katrina thing popped up on the tracking screen and said "b/c of a natural disaster this package is delayed", with a reshedule of thursday......at 600am on thursday they issued a mandatory evacuation of swla so needless to say....no gsm mod....tomorrow about 700am it should be floating out to the gulf of mexico if anyone has a boat........

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Guys, the more I read, the less I like it. Not that I ever did, not being a fan of the "If I selectively blind the cars systems, it'll do stuff I like" camp.

See, the cars can and do set codes only a fully DCX compliant reader like the Starscan (like $6,000) can access. Since GS seems to not know that, what else dont they know? I'm not liking that reference to brake pressure codes.

That combined possible warranty issues (If you think DCX's contracted warranty provider does not read these boaards, you need a reality check), and the outside chance of legality issues, would turn me off, even if I were interested.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well if mine is in the gulf i may not have to worry about this mod............but yeah i am watching lxforums like you are.....some interesting stuff has happened over the last few days while i have been running from this damn hurricane....just don't know....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts