Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get off work car starts no problem. Drive 30 mins hike no problem stop at gas station car won’t start. Get a jump now check engine light is on. Drive home 3mins let car run for a few turn it off won’t start! Heeellllpppppp! Never had this problem before!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Year , engine? Battery connections and battery is where I would start. If it starts with a jump.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Always start with the battery...

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
So I get off work car starts no problem. Drive 30 mins hike no problem stop at gas station car won’t start. Get a jump now check engine light is on. Drive home 3mins let car run for a few turn it off won’t start! Heeellllpppppp! Never had this problem before!
Hi MrsShine, We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
The fact that it ran after being jump started means the alternator is working. Your problem is either the battery itself or the cables connecting it to the rest of the electrical system.

Pop the trunk and pull the trunk floor up where the spare tire is. The battery is next to it on the right. Check the cables for corrosion. If none is present, the battery has just gone bad, replace it.

If corrosion is present, clean them and reconnect and jump it off again. If it fails to start after 30 min of driving, the battery has gone bad from the deep no-charge cycles. Replace it and you should be golden.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts