Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've always noticed that when my engine is off, and I turn the key to the 'ON' position (but don't crank engine) and wait..... that all of the warning lights go off except the 'Check Engine' light (and maybe the 'seatbelt' light if I haven't put one on yet).

Is this normal?

I've checked for CEL codes using the Acc/On 3-times method, but nothing appears except 'dOnE'. So I've always figured this is 'OK'.

Anyone else notice this and wondered about it, or am I one of the 'unlucky' ones?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) Thanks - that's what I thought. I'd been ignoring it since the light goes out when I start up the car, but I was always wondering if I might be ignoring a potential problem.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
If you have the owners manual, you can find a lot helpful information in it. Here is the explanation from the book.

Also, if you don't have the owners manual, you can D/L it for free from the Dodge site.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Think of it this way. If the engine isn't running how would the diagnostics know if there's a problem in the engine. The sensors might be energized but the motor isnt doing anything for them to sense.

WOW - way off topic, but I just noticed that I'm the only one on the forum right now. Lets see echo...echo...echo. Kind of lonely here all by myself. Sh*t what the he!! am I doing talking...er typing to myself. Later :knockout:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts