Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here are the particulars..... 2007 3.5ho I added a custom dual exhaust which sounds great but wanted to get some better performance. I read all about this PCM reset where you pull fuse 11,14,17 and turn the key and all. So I take my laptop to the car and follow the directions step by step. When I crank her up to got spin some tires ( hopefully ) and wow the check engine light is on. So her I sit all dumbfounded. I think...... hmm disconnect battery and try again, no lets go see what the forum has on it.... NOTHING. Anybody know whats up or how to fix it without a trip down service lane? My wife is going to flip if she goes to work Monday and sees that engine light. OR is this going to go out after enough driving is done????? I know there was nothing wrong b4 I did this. Any help much appreciated. Please PM me.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yall help me!!!!!!! Do I need to worry or what?????

·
Registered
174 Posts
dont panic
the fuses are 11 14 16 not 17
leave out for about 1 min should reset
if you get the light again check for codes

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Did you put the fuses back the same way? I noticed some of the numbers are backwards while others are not. I just pulled fuse 11 for a couple of minutes and that was it according to some members.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok it was 11 14 and 16 i pulled. i just went and pulled 11 again and gonna go back and put it back

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no did that and still on when i did the key dance the cel flashed 9 times but nothing in display

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
any ideas as to what that means???? also does odometer display have to be on odo, trip or ext temp?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
stop it with the fuse pulling. Pulling fuses doesnt fix the problem. If you have that style of thinking put elec tape over the gauges and ignore everything. If you pulled the fuses and the light is on its cause there is a problem. Not because the fuses needed to be pulled out forty five more times. If you go outside and your tire is flat , you air it up, if its flat the next day you fix it. You dont pull over at everygas station and add air so you can get three miles down the road.
What is your code? Of course if you pull the fuses enough and the light goes out you wont know this but capture your code and let us know whats going on

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok went back out. the codes dont display unless the display is in odo mode. i got a bunch of dashes followed by done then the cel flashed nine times. does this just idicate that the computer is in learn mode?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
no. is the light on currently. If you did the fuse pull and the light is off, the code has been removed and will say "done" this case you'll have to get it to come on again before any diag

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the light is on and it says that ------ folowed by done-- and then cel flashes 9 times wierd. soon as my kid wakes up im takin her for a stroll.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
those threads may work for the rt's and such but no go on the se

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
The light has to see the code for at least two drive cycles. Yes this case seems a little weird but give it some driving and see if stores a code after a few more drive cycles. If there is a communication problem with certain sensors ( ie fuse put back wrong ) it will set the code. If there is an actual problem it will set the code.

·
Registered
174 Posts
how much of the exhaust did you replace, did you unplug a sensor,
you might not have enought back pressure and thats giving you the light

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
exhaust was replaced three weeks ago and no engine light. im gonna go drive her for a bit before i freak anymore

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
no need to freak period. The light is designed to help us find the problem not to scare people into wetting themselves.
Backpressure cant set a code. There is no sensor that monitors backpressure.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay this was way blown out of proportion for me. This is what happened. About the time i put 1 mile on the car, out went the light. Once I got home i checked for codes again and nothing. No light on restart either.

Thanx everyone

1 - 20 of 21 Posts