Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday my check engine light came on, and has not shut off, the car is driving and starting fine , no problems i can feel, car has 34k miles on it and i had my regular oil change last week. can anyone tell what else i can possible check to find out why this light is on????

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Use the key dance trick to display your codes:

Key in ignition, then without starting go ON-ACC-ON-ACC-ON quickly. The odometer will display any active codes, then change to dONE.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imma go try that now, i will let u guys know what i come up with. thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok did the key trick and this is what I got 1004 and 0884 any1 know what those codes mean

·
Registered
13,502 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
car has 34k miles on it...
An '08 within the 36K warranty period and two fault codes... I'd let the dealer check it out. You only have 2K miles left.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys im getting ready to leave out of the country so i will go take it today, so i just tell them i did the key thing and those codes came up?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
id just take it in n show them the check engine light... see what they say the codes are see if they are reputable dealer...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yeah i had a problem like this on my first car( Vw bug...Terrible German engineering) and the light came on first then what ever it was fried the computer control so it couldn't find where the throttle possition was and the rpms bounced we too it to the dealer they fiex the computer not the problem, after it happened twice we went to another dealer, same story, after that went to one a few hours away and they fixed everything, and said the other dealers should have... i hate dealers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts