Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Charger scatpack widebody
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got have a 2020 Dodge Charger scatpack and I installed a throttle body spacer on and now when I’m about to turn it on just the power not the car running my check engine light stays on but flashes about 9 to 10 times and stops but when I turn it on it goes away is it also due from me removing the battery cable if any one can help me out I’d appreciate it thanks

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
The CEL flashes like that to let you know it's not ready to pass emissions. The battery disconnect, in fact, did cause that. Once everything readies up, the light will come on and stay on.

Not for nothing, take that tbody spacer off and throw it in a lake. It's useless.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Charger scatpack widebody
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The CEL flashes like that to let you know it's not ready to pass emissions. The battery disconnect, in fact, did cause that. Once everything readies up, the light will come on and stay on.

Not for nothing, take that tbody spacer off and throw it in a lake. It's useless.
So I some point will it go away ?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
So I some point will it go away ?
When you unhooked the battery, you reset all the adaptives and emissions tests. Turning the key on with the engine off, the light will come on for a few seconds, flash a few times and then stay on. If the light turns off once you start the engine, that is the computer's way of telling you the emissions tests are not complete.

You have to drive the car for those tests to run. After a few drive cycles, the light should come on and stay on with the key on/ engine off.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Hello @Oscar.392,

Should you elect to confer with your local Dodge dealership we would love to assist! Please send us a private message to get started.

Hannah
Dodge Cares

1 - 7 of 7 Posts