Charger Forums banner

Check Engine light code help

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Vanilla Gorilla 
#1 ·
My check engine light came on yesterday, so I did the turn key code thing and the code I got was 0305... Does anybody know what code that is? A little help please??

#2 ·
I just found the code meaning on a website and it said..... Cylinder 5 Misfire Detected. Is this something I need to get fixed or did it just misfire and everythings ok now? As you can tell Im not really a car guy but trying....

#5 ·
How would I clear the code? Disconnect the battery? Not sure how many miles on the plugs. I ve put about 7000km on the car since I got it....

#9 ·
By "clear the code", do people mean to clear the check engine light?
Three obvious routes I might consider:
(1) Dealer. If it's under warranty, why not stop by the dealer anyway?
(2) Some programmers offer this feature, I think?
(3) Pull fuse 11 out briefly. See if the CEL comes back on next time; if so, go to the dealer.

Of course, options (2) and (3) are at your own risk. :)

#8 ·
Its been a few drive cycles and it hasnt cleared itself yet... I think ill wait a little bit longer then go get it checked. Thanks for your help everybody

#7 ·
Every once in a while, my wife's liberty gets that exact code. Goes away for a long time, and pops its head once or twice. Never got it checked and it clears itself up.

#11 ·
Well it cleared itself yesterday. I got in the car and it didnt make the Ding noise but the light was still on... the next time i got in and drove no ding and no light. Thanks for everybodys help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.