Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my Loudmouth 2 exhaust installed (2 months ago). About a week later I got a "check engine" light. It went away about a week after.

Then it went on again and I didn't pay attention to it. A day later my car stalled and the dealer found that I had a cracked head. Dealer gave me a new engine and I've been running on the new engine for about a week now. I got the check engine light this morning and I'm wondering if it's from the exhaust again.

I let it warm up for about 2 minutes. It was cold outside so I'm wondering if it was just because the engine wasn't fully warm yet. This thing is freakin' me out, help a guy out fellas!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
and especially not crack a head....
do you have a 180 tstat? in cold weather that may give u a CEL

·
Registered
928 Posts
yes I accidently gave my self a CEL the other night when it was cold out. I was driving around looking for a good place to do some 0-60 runs with my fans on, well my temp stayed at 182 and after about 5 min it threw a CEL.

It took about 3 days before the light turned it self off. the computer expects to see some temp by a certain time, if it doesnt it pops a CEL, idle with a 180 T stat should cause this as it will never get hot enough just idling.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's just it, I don't have a 180 T-stat. It has only happened in the cold mornings though, so that's the reason I assumed it was due to the engine not warming properly. If no one else has encountered this problem then I'll be taking her back to the dealer.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and especially not crack a head....
do you have a 180 tstat? in cold weather that may give u a CEL

The service manager had told me that the cracked head was a defective part.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Definitely taking it back, Thanx fellas.

·
Registered
928 Posts
well as I said, if the car doesnt reach a certain temp within a certain time it tosses a code. since you live in LA im goingto venture to guess that its not that cold out. ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well as I said, if the car doesnt reach a certain temp within a certain time it tosses a code. since you live in LA im goingto venture to guess that its not that cold out. ;)

The coldest it ever gets out here is MAYBE 50 degrees. This morning it said 54 in the dash. I am now also doubting that it is a temperature problem.

·
Registered
928 Posts
oh nm thats plenty cold enough, it could happen. it was 58 here I was driving aroudn with my fans on never got over 182 degrees. boom CEL.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh nm thats plenty cold enough, it could happen. it was 58 here I was driving aroudn with my fans on never got over 182 degrees. boom CEL.
Well I hope that is the case. I'll wait a few more days before I go to the dealer.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I never got codes with my LM1 until I got my headers put on, and since I've had catalyst inefficiency which I am not to worried about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts