Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is exactly my question. What is the cheapest diagnostic tool that gives the live trans temperature readout on our cars? I am looking to start checking the levels myself. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Sorry I can't help you - welcome to the forums though :wave:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
aeroforce interceptor gauge may give trans temps... it pretty much does everything else and it's cheaper than the dashhawk

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Looks to be a 60 dollar difference. Think twice, because the Dashahwk does logging, which can be a very cool tool to have.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Looks to be a 60 dollar difference. Think twice, because the Dashahwk does logging, which can be a very cool tool to have.
very true... and there are some good deals online for the dashhawk if you do a little searchin :cowsmile:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
i use my tongue

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
you could buy a starscan on ebay....only about 3k....then you could share it with the rest of us...:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
aeroforce guage
aeroforce guage
aeroforce guage
aeroforce guage
aeroforce guage
aeroforce guage

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A lot of us would like to be able to check our trans temp without having a gauge pod on the dash. There has to be a somewhat cheap diagnostic tool out there. Someone please help...

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
For the record, even if it's not what you want, the DashDAQ also pulls transmission temps.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
im wondering what kind of a tool your looking for ? are you looking for some magical aparatus that tells you ? to this point there are no magical aparatus tools . just the aeroforce guage dashdaq and trinity also a reg guage but the aeroforce is cheaper and better then those . if you like you can make your own tool and sell it to the rest of us.heck you wouldnt even have to mount the aeroforce guage (since your one of those peopel that dont like them) and just plug it into the obd when you want the temp disconnect it and put it away. sorry some of us are just the guage type .

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
The Dashhawk doesnt need to be permamently installed. When I do use mine, I just jam it in there next to the pillar, a friction fit. Then pull it out when I'm not using it.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
heck you could do the same thing with the aeroforce. i think this guy is looking for something that doesnt exist .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts