Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around at Slp exhaust and the catback lm1 system was around 600 dollars but then i saw where you could buy a pair of just the lm1 resonators for less than 200....i am on a budget and really want this exhaust...just wondering if anyone has went this route and bought just the resonators and replaced the suitcase mufflers with them and removed the stock resos....

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Subscribed; I too have considered going this route.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Not sure but doesnt the LM2 use resonators? but the LM1 can be upgraded with those resonators to LM2.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i did the brylcreem mod when i first bought the car and i just got the rear reso's cut out and added new tips today and it sounds real good

·
Registered
942 Posts
Suitcase=Gone. Reso's=Gone. Just run straight pipe w/ reso'd tips. Sounds exactly like the LM1, just a little less raspy up top. The guy that straight piped our Charger has the LM1 exhaust on his Daytona and they sound nearly identical. Excellent choice for those of us on a budget.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Suitcase=Gone. Reso's=Gone. Just run straight pipe w/ reso'd tips. Sounds exactly like the LM1, just a little less raspy up top. The guy that straight piped our Charger has the LM1 exhaust on his Daytona and they sound nearly identical. Excellent choice for those of us on a budget.
Dont you need some kind of back pressure? I thought that straight piping it lost power and sounded really raspy when u got on it...You got a vid?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Dont you need some kind of back pressure? I thought that straight piping it lost power and sounded really raspy when u got on it...You got a vid?
your right i too had straight pipes with the suitcase off and reso delete and it felt like you lose back pressure and low end torque is just wouldnt give you that lil jump like you would want...now i have the slp lm1 and it sounds sorta like straight pipe but a whole lot cleaner...in my opinion

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
actually, the brylcreem mod is just deleting the suitcase. The tuna boat mod is deleting the reso's. Brylcreem actually sounds pretty good. It's pretty quiet when it needs to be but it will make some noise at WOT.

·
Registered
200 Posts
at marylandspeed have it for like 5 something almost free shp its worth it though......

·
Registered
942 Posts
It does have a raspiness to it way up top, but so does the LM1 kit. Normal acceleration is smooth and low rumble.
As far as power goes, it FEELS stronger on the butt dyno than just the suitcase delete. I basically have a small piped version of a LM1 exhaust, except I have reso'd tips. The bigger pipe on the SLP makes it a touch louder, but for the money spent, I'm completely happy with the staight pipe.
I will actually find out what kinda numbers it puts down next Sunday on the dyno. I will try to do some 0-60 runs with it today as well to see if there's an improvement.
And I will be getting vids today, hopefully.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts