Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have a 2007 SE with the basic dark slate cloth seats and dark slate/tan dash and doors. Anybody have any cheap ideas to make it look alittle nicer and at the same time make it match the rest of the car?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
You could get a set of Wet Okole's?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah, but he wanted something that looked nice, not ghetto.
Those are Not ghetto. They are Butt :cowsmile: Ugly. LOL Sorry don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
WOW those are beyond ugly
x2 ...i could make a blanket and cut a hole in it so it fits around the head wrest two ...those absolutely look like sh!t ...i dont understand why those would be made or recomended

·
Registered
232 Posts
Looks like a Snuggie for your car...

·
Registered
18 Posts
slap: @ seat towels!!

I think you're probably looking for something a little more "custom" and maybe a bit classier, right? Here's a cost-effective way to "jazz up" your stock guts... Take it to a custom upholstery shop in your area, and have them break down your stock upholstery, pattern the inserts, and you can pick a matching (to your exterior or to your other trim colors) material to have the inserts done in.

If you want something like that done, you can do a set of inserts (front and rear) in something like a suede, or a synthetic exotic (ostrich, gator, etc) for between $400-600 depending on what all is wanted for the job, and if the job also requires matching trim pieces (ie: center armrests, door inserts, etc).

There is also another cost effective way, you can look into Katzkin or Roadwire Leather kits for your car. These aren't quite "full" custom interior material, but they're close. They'll get you leather faces (where your bum/back would touch), matching vinyl on the remainder of the seat (bands and rears), with the options of adding embroidery, contrast stitching, suede, etc.

Hope this helps, and good luck in your search!

Google pwns:

^^^ this is a standard style of a Katzkin / Roadwire type interior. You can usually get these done for around $1k installed, again depending on variables of the custom order you make, and where you get it done at.

^^^ This is a Roadwire kit in a 300C (from 300C Forums). You can see this car owner went ahead and did suede inserts, and he wound up doing suede a, b, and c pillars to go with it, and then sueded out his headliner as well.

Link: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/interior-modifications/53318-got-roadwire-interior.html

So that's the middle of the road as far as cost-effective interiors go. Here's a look at something a little more in-depth. This is a fully customized interior (non LX related) in a '99 Grand Marquis:

You may or may not be able to see the things I see in the Roadwire / Katzkin type interior (wrinkles in many spots, lines don't match up in the center of the rear seat near the armrest, etc). In a full custom job like ^^^ there is no room for error, and the interior is done to a point of perfection.

You get what you pay for though. Inserts: $400-600, Leather Kits: $800-$1,250, Fully Custom Interiors: $2,200-$10,000. You have to decide where your budget puts you in the custom interior game! :rocker:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Orrrr depending on your patience....search on craigslist from time to time... I found on several occasions stock leather seats going for 300 to 600 depending what type...recently found some for 400 bucks everything included...Ebay as well

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ACM thats exactly what i wanted. Thanks for the awesome advice. I will definitely be looking into that asap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts