Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Premium Member
9,059 Posts
The filter will be much cheaper/inferior grade than a K&N filter.

The silicone hoses/elbows are likely more flexible and prone to collapse.

Some come without the crankcase hose because they put just that much thought into the product (little to none), or because it would cost an extra dollar.

I built my own for about $200 using gmg1411's guide.
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127769

Better parts, and a true cold air intake.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the help and the link to the thread. I was told by my mopar guy that K&N did not cut it as much as mopar when it came to the CAI filter. What performance CAI Kit is the best bang for the buck? AEM, INGEN, Etc.???

Thanks

· Premium Member
5,660 Posts
Thanks so much for the help and the link to the thread. I was told by my mopar guy that K&N did not cut it as much as mopar when it came to the CAI filter. What performance CAI Kit is the best bang for the buck? AEM, INGEN, Etc.???

Thanks
You really wont see much difference if any with any major branded short ram intakes (they're really not cold air) So it's up to you to decide which one is worth it. If you want something with a particular brand, look (as in chrome vs painted or carbon fiber), sound, or the material used. Also, keep in mind oiled filter vs dry filter, only major difference is maintenance, the dry filter you just wash in a bucket of soapy water, rinse and air dry. The oil filter you need to get a recharge kit to reoil the filter. No worries on which one works better, I have yet to see any definitive facts on performance differences, so basically get whichever one you like. :beerchug:

My two cents, if you're looking for the best performance without breaking the bank I would go the route Jonny suggested. :bigthumb:

· Registered
433 Posts
Some people buy the ebay ones and then put a K&N filter on it and are happy with the setup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.