Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I've been looking for Chargers for a couple months now, and Ive come across some pretty good deals. The problem is, that they are on Ebay. Ive never thought about buying cars on Ebay, but apparently its ok. I'm just wondering if this is a too good to be true story, or I could actually buy a Charger for much less.

If anyone has any experience with buying cars, over better Chargers on ebay, please let me know how it went.

Thanks,

-Sean

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
I sold a car on ebay once. I set a price. The guy showed up with the money order and we transfered it at the AAA. No problem. Ask lots of questions and if it's far away consider paying to get it inspected if you think it's a car that's worth it. Then you can fly to get it or do a one way rental car. I've heard mixed things about car carriers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I found my charger on ebay at a ford dealership, but I didn't actually buy it over ebay. It was about an hour drive away, so i just went to go look at it and ended up buying it there.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
if it's too good to be true, it probably is. There are some scammers out the, be careful, but a lot of people have gotten some good deals.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Just be careful if you're a seller. There are fake bank checks and fake money orders out there so there's more risk to the seller than the buyer. I bought my Audi A6 through Ebay, though it was from a dealer.

Like any other used auto sale, give the car a throrough check-out (bring a OBD scanner to check for codes) or bring someone with you who can. Don't trust a carfax as they are often inaccurate.

Good luck!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I didn't buy my Charger off of eBay, but I did see it listed. When the auction ended and the car did not sell, I contacted the seller, which was a car dealership, and worked a deal with them over the phone. Once I test drove it and checked it out in person, I bought it.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
If you find one several states away from you, see if someone
here on the forums near the car to see if they will check it out for you. Ask a lot of questions, ask for more pictures, etc...

On a side note, Carfax will only report what is reported to the DOT(?). When I bought my Ranger, I was able to follow it from the factory to New Jersy, several oil changes, title transfers and renewals until it got here to Oklahoma. Here it was registered with an Indian tag, and Carfax wasn't able to pick up on that.

After we owned our Charger for a couple years, I ran a Carfax on it. It showed when the Dealer took ownership of it, when we bought it and finally when we renewed the registration.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought a "mint condition" 2008 SRT8 Charger with only 1600 miles on it that was a Chrysler exec vehicle. I got the carfax report from the dealer also.

About 6 months after taking delivery, I had it looked at for a possible trade on a Challenger and learned it was previously wrecked. The dealer showed me all the screws that had been replaced and turned on the front end and they also ran Carfax which showed no previous events.

My advice.... be careful.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I didnt buy my Charger off of ebay but it was listed there. Did a little research asked lots of questions, made a deal and flew into Phoenix and drove it back to LA.:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ebay real buyer here

Got my 2007 charger off ebay through DCH Chrysler ,and I didnt have any problems,the word to the wise though,MAKE SURE THE TRUCK WILL FIT UP YOUR STREET! Before they deliver.....
I had to drive mine illegally home.
Other than that no issues.Buy from someone with lots of posiive feedback.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts