Charger Forums banner

Would you be interested purchasing a ChargerForums.com Member Calendar?

• Yes

Votes: 73 77.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 22.3%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- A few weeks ago, I started the following thread; http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1520

- It was an idea to design and publish a 2006 Calendar of Member's Chargers.
- The format is still "up in the air" - I proposed voting on 12 of the "Best" photo's - perhaps, creating categories such as "Best Scenic" shot, "Best Modified car", "Best modified/Photoshop'd photo", etc. I/We need to come up with more categories. On the other hand, we may be able to fit everyone's cars into the calendar, along with the "Best" 12 month photo pages. We would do this by adding extra pages to the end of the calendar. NOTE: The "ChargerForums.com" artwork would go on (part of) the front cover.

- The other part of this calendar project, would be to donate all proceeds to the "Katrina" hurricane victims (via the Red Cross or some other charity).

- Anyhow, the initial response for this idea, was pretty good -But, it was only about 20 members.

- So, This Poll is being setup, to see how many members would be interested - If enough are interested, then we will try to go forward with this.

- Right now, the only other person (Other than myself) that is interested in helping design and produce the calendar, is "beezn".

- So, if we go forward with this - it would be helpful to have 3-4 members involved that can assist in some areas - such as, graphic design, printing (or someone that knows a printer that can help), business type items (such as a way to handle taking payments and shipping), etc.

- Anyone that can lend a hand with this project, in the areas that I noted, please "PM" me. If we move forward with this project you will be called on for assistance.

- The plan is to run the Poll, for a couple of weeks - and then "weigh" the responses and then make a descision ("go" or "no go")

- So, for the Poll here is the question:

- Would you be interested purchasing a ChargerForums "Member's Charger Calendar" ?

< Currently the proposed price would be approximately $20 >
< This calendar would be comprised of 12 Charger pictures from the winners of a "Poll" contest to pick the "Best"/"Best of" pictures. Other Member's Chargers would be displayed on the back pages of the calendar >

Brian T.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. I'm not a graphic designer or anything, but I can contribute photos (yes, yes, I've taken a few of those of my Charger) and I'd defintely be willing to buy one for $20 knowing it was going to a good cause.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yup, count me in to buy a calendar

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but only if it has pics of chargers :happy: :whistle:

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
come on, there has to be more support than this?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GoDaddy said:
come on, there has to be more support than this?
People may just be voting on the Poll question and not reading my Post (at the top).

- We may still go ahead with this - the "online" calendar printers that we (beezn and myself) found, look like they can do "small" runs of a calendar - "beezn" is the only one that was interested in doing an online (Skype) conference to review this idea - But, we had to postpone that for now. I am on the "Hot pager" for work, up until this thursday (9/22) - and I have had some late night "Work" teleconferences - So, I wanted to wait until after that date, to get online for a conference.

Brian T.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I'm a VP and pressman at a printing company. I'll see if I can do something. We are all digital (except for the printing), and I would love to press those ink settings over a Charger. So count me in.

Would be an expensive project... but in my spare time, could get it done. I'll talk to the co-workers. How many?? 500? 1000? Glossy paper? How much per calendar? These would be the factors. So I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm Definitely In As Long As Their All Our Forum Chargers... Count Me In... Ps: And As Long As Mine Is On The Front Cover...lol J/k... Me In.....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nCHARGE said:
I'm a VP and pressman at a printing company. I'll see if I can do something. We are all digital (except for the printing), and I would love to press those ink settings over a Charger. So count me in.

Would be an expensive project... but in my spare time, could get it done. I'll talk to the co-workers. How many?? 500? 1000? Glossy paper? How much per calendar? These would be the factors. So I'll see what I can do.
nCharge,
Thank you for the offer. I would like to add you in, if we do an online "Skype" (voice over IP) conference (up to 5 participants)- "beezn" is ready to do a conference. I've been busy with work (but, I do find some time to post on here) - Also, I've got some "family" things going on right now.

Anyhow, I wanted to wait to see how the Poll results go - and now, the poll has been up for about 2 weeks - right now, we've got 44 members that are interested in doing the calendar (8 that are not) - and that's out of 307 Poll viewers.

So, I may possibly be able to do a conference this weekend - or early next week - I will contact "beezn" when I'm ready to schedule the conference and I will include you on the "PM".

Brian T.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1BADHEMI said:
I'm Definitely In As Long As Their All Our Forum Chargers... Count Me In... Ps: And As Long As Mine Is On The Front Cover...lol J/k... Me In.....
Oh, hey - I forgot to note that we may be looking to get the calendar printed from one of these 2 "online" publishers.....

- http://www.lulu.com/reader/create.php
- https://www.photoworks.com/

.....And it looks like we may be able to get "small" runs, of the calendar done, for minimal costs - If that's the case, we may be able to do the calendar with 11 of the "Best" voted member pictures - and then put each "purchasing" members picture on one of the 12 months on their calendar(and that would only be practical with smaller numbers of purchasers).

Brian T.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Count me in.....

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
BT1024 said:
nCharge,
Thank you for the offer. I would like to add you in, if we do an online "Skype" (voice over IP) conference (up to 5 participants)- "beezn" is ready to do a conference. I've been busy with work (but, I do find some time to post on here) - Also, I've got some "family" things going on right now.

Anyhow, I wanted to wait to see how the Poll results go - and now, the poll has been up for about 2 weeks - right now, we've got 44 members that are interested in doing the calendar (8 that are not) - and that's out of 307 Poll viewers.

So, I may possibly be able to do a conference this weekend - or early next week - I will contact "beezn" when I'm ready to schedule the conference and I will include you on the "PM".

Brian T.

Just let me know.... I'm there.

·
Registered
303 Posts
count me in too :)

btw Hendo... i love you avatar, "MORE COW BELL!!!"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts