Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Widebody
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question starting running through my head tonight after talking in another thread about how I am starting to have a wandering eye while waiting for my Charger special order. I am especially eyeballing a fully loaded up 2021 Camaro 2SS a dealer told me he was getting this weekend where the buyer has backed out. Is it worth waiting on a special order Charger SPWB if you have recently owned a Challenger Scat Pack? Is it going to be a different enough car? I am really hoping the wider stance, better suspension and bigger tires makes the Charger better on these PNW winding roads.

Thoughts?

(My old 2019 Challenger)
Vehicle Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
That's really only something you can answer. Based on looks alone, I'd wait.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
It depends on how long you're willing to wait given the uncertainty around parts availability to complete orders. Is that also going to be a Resident Evil staff car? :)

Best,

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I drove a Marrow 2SS but the dealer try to rip me off on the price
I really wanted a Challenger Scat
I stop at my dealer and they had just got a Charger Scat in.
One drive in the Charger and it was mine.
Car I bought was on the lot 12 minutes before I bought it.
Charger was better visibility and lots more room granted it’s not a wide body.
Really piss people off with how fast it is 🤣

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
On looks alone, I think the Challenger and Charger are 1, and 2, and the Camaro 3. I don't like the front end. But that's just preference. I remember driving a 2010 Camaro SS and it was really tough to see out of.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Have you driven a Charger yet? I did sit in a Challenger but never drove one. I test drove a 17 R/T charger and there was a go green 14 Challenger 6.4 with super bee badging (even though that's was for chargers only ??) and a 6 speed but my wife didn't want a challenger and that one looked especially LOUD like yours with the black striping and 6.4 graphics on the hood. Anyways, I felt the Challenger is quite a big car for the lack of access to the rear seat or trunk, plus visibility is quite reduced. I imagine the 4" longer wheelbase on the Charger makes it handle and ride fairly differently considering all the suspension bits are all the same otherwise. The Charger I got has a more "mature" look, as I am 55 and don't want to look like a 20 year old dude :) I did swap those wheels on there, she is a 16 Road and Track

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Reactions: N8ECH

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
If you don't have a specific need for 4 doors, stick with 2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I owned a 2017 2SS manual transmission before purchasing my 2021 WB Charger. They are two different animals to say the least.

The 2SS platform from back then to the present time has not changed very much besides the aesthetics. I always regretted not buying a 1LE or even the ZL1 version though as I felt they are both a major upgrade.

The 2SS was more fun due to being able to down shift at a moments notice in combination with the auto rev matching feature. In addition the Camaro power plant is solid and can withstand the addition of a supercharger without any costly modifications when compared to charger.

On the other hand my WB seems a bit more planted, the suspension and weight play a big role in my opinion. The platform just seems very dated with little to no improvement in regards to the interior and exterior features.

The WB Charger does draw bit more attention but I feel its due to the hype surrounding the Hellcat.

I'd suggest sitting and driving them both and then make your decision.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I think you will have the Widebody in October before Halloween.

Try the Camaro and see how it compares to your old Challenger Scat Pack. I think you will be disappointed and stick with the Widebody order. I love the stance and looks and sounds killer. The Camaro sounds like shit in comparison.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've owned three Challengers (the last two were loaded SRT's) and now own a SPWB Charger. I can tell you the Charger takes off with much more tire control and is a much better balanced car going around corners also. Those extra wide tires on a longer wheelbase make a rear seat more usable and accessible with 4 doors. My current ride is the best Dodge I've owned yet by far! The only negative would be lack of a manual shift, but I havn't wanted or needed one since the A8 became available. The Camaro AND Mustang have never made it past the, "let me sit in one just to see what it feels like" test. I get claustrophobic 5 seconds after getting in either one of them. They may exist for other people, but not me!
I can guaranty you'll love the SPWB Charger. The main reason I have one now, is because some fool backed out of his deal once the order came in because the dealer wasn't flexible on the price. These cars are hot. Two pics to show car as received,
Car Plant Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Plant Grille Hood
versus current three months later.

·
Registered
344 Posts
It depends on what you are looking for.
The Charger is more of a straight line, heavy, roomy sedan, where the Camaro is more of a sports car.
Go drive the Camaro, the handling is going to be better, but you may not like how the interior feels and looks(it looks like a 2003 Cavalier inside) with very poor outward visibility.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I've always been a fan of sedans, even before there were any attainable 'go-fast' variants, like the Chevy SS or Pontiac GTO that came out in the early 2000s. The Charger SPWB is probably the best looking Charger I've seen in recent years (nothing beats the B-body in my book, tho). It'll have all of the everything you want in both cars- the power, the looks, and more importantly to someone like me, all the comfort. It is a big, roomy but not unwieldy car. Unless you're really hankering for a manual- in which case, I'd probably lean toward the 2SS and slap a wide body kit on her if I really wanted that. It'll handle better than the Chally or the Mustang, but there's always caveats to that. Visibility is poor and the cockpit is only marginally roomy for the front 2 occupants. That's probably the only place a Chally beats the other two- an actually usable rear seat and a copious trunk. Well no, it rides better too.

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Widebody
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
L
I've owned three Challengers (the last two were loaded SRT's) and now own a SPWB Charger. I can tell you the Charger takes off with much more tire control and is a much better balanced car going around corners also. Those extra wide tires on a longer wheelbase make a rear seat more usable and accessible with 4 doors. My current ride is the best Dodge I've owned yet by far! The only negative would be lack of a manual shift, but I havn't wanted or needed one since the A8 became available. The Camaro AND Mustang have never made it past the, "let me sit in one just to see what it feels like" test. I get claustrophobic 5 seconds after getting in either one of them. They may exist for other people, but not me!
I can guaranty you'll love the SPWB Charger. The main reason I have one now, is because some fool backed out of his deal once the order came in because the dealer wasn't flexible on the price. These cars are hot. Two pics to show car as received, View attachment 300667 View attachment 300668 versus current three months later.
Love the red outline use to pop out the stripes through the black hood.

·
Registered
134 Posts
L

Love the red outline use to pop out the stripes through the black hood.
Thanks! The red outline helps bring the inside red interior outside. If you look at the before pic, you can see the red interior better, which is a must with this color IMO. The after pic has the windows tinted, so it's hard to see.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts