Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember when I was getting my windows tinted. The guy advise me not to get the front windshield tinted because of the electronics that our cars come with. Something about messing with the radio and forward collision system. I've been wanting atleast a windshield banner but I have no idea if I should or shouldn't since I don't want any electronic being interfered. I would love some knowledge from you guys. Thank you!

White charger picture something along those lines but more lower having it cover the sensor would that cause an issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've had a tint banner on my car for two years and have not had any issues with cellular or radio reception. You do want to get a ceramic tint film because it will not interfere. Some tint films have metal in them and they will interfere with reception of cellular and radio waves.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
If you have adaptive cruise control it will be not work if you put on a window banner. It uses the camera mounted on the front side of the rearview mirror. Also, auto diming headlights will be effected,
As for the FCW system, not sure if it uses the camera along with the radar sensor in the front bumper grill, but i suspect it does use it too.
Lane departure will be impacted.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you have adaptive cruise control it will be not work if you put on a window banner. It uses the camera mounted on the front side of the rearview mirror. Also, auto diming headlights will be effected,
As for the FCW system, not sure if it uses the camera along with the radar sensor in the front bumper grill, but i suspect it does use it too.
Interesting! I guess there may be some advantage to not having my car advise me on how to drive. I don't have any driver assist equipment on my car.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Can't speak for newer vehicles (though I suspect they are the same) but ACC on my 2014 uses LIDAR (that big cone in the front grill), not cameras.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I believe adaptive cruise uses the radar module in the lower grill. The gear in the windshield is for lane departure, auto high beams, and rain sensing

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
The ACC does mainly use the radar in the grille but it also uses the camera in the mirror under certain conditions and can pick up the brake lights of the car in front as an early warning.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts