Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Dodge Charger SE will not start. At first I was getting a “fob battery dead” then “fob not detected” even when I got to crank. Now it want do anything it’s been parked for about two months have to charge it to try an start it. Every time I try to manually start it when I push the remote against the push to start it just flashes blue then goes back off and nothing. Please help I’ve only had the car a total of 4 months and driven it for 2. I changed the battery in the fob and tried two different ones and made sure they were replaced right still nothing also tried the “manual start” physically pushing the key against the push to start it want cycle to “ACC or “START” mode it just stays on “OFF” and the push to start flashes and cuts off.

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
Shocker:
Welcome to the forum. Please, no need for multiple posts on the same question. It' won't get an answer any faster.
How many miles on your Charger, and have you fully charged the battery? This could be as simple as a dead, or failed battery.

Don

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
You need to scan for DTCs once you're sure the battery is fully charged and load-tested.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
My 2014 Dodge Charger SE will not start. At first I was getting a “fob battery dead” then “fob not detected” even when I got to crank. Now it want do anything it’s been parked for about two months have to charge it to try an start it. Every time I try to manually start it when I push the remote against the push to start it just flashes blue then goes back off and nothing. Please help I’ve only had the car a total of 4 months and driven it for 2. I changed the battery in the fob and tried two different ones and made sure they were replaced right still nothing also tried the “manual start” physically pushing the key against the push to start it want cycle to “ACC or “START” mode it just stays on “OFF” and the push to start flashes and cuts off.
Hi SHOCKERBOCKER,
We apologize for the trouble you are experiencing. If you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, we kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer. If you are in need of any assistance with that process, our team is available via private message.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shocker:
Welcome to the forum. Please, no need for multiple posts on the same question. It' won't get an answer any faster.
How many miles on your Charger, and have you fully charged the battery? This could be as simple as a dead, or failed battery.

Don
Shocker:
It has 170,000 quite a lot for a 2014 but I really wanted it at the time and should have been more careful and patient. It’s now at the dodge dealership I will update you. Thanks for your concern and input
Don

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
SB:
Thanks for coming back to update. Good luck! Keep us posted on the outcome.

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts