Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Charger beat a Ford F150 the other day. It was a roll from about 35-90 and I gave him the head start and beat him by 1 1/2 cars. Before that, I beat a Dodge Ram from a roll, 35-110, beat him by 1/2 a car. Can any Charger owner pretty much say, "I can beat pretty much any truck on the road". Mine is a 2.7, so I was surprised I actually pulled it off. Let me know your opinions.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
My Charger beat a Ford F150 the other day. It was a roll from about 35-90 and I gave him the head start and beat him by 1 1/2 cars. Before that, I beat a Dodge Ram from a roll, 35-110, beat him by 1/2 a car. Can any Charger owner pretty much say, "I can beat pretty much any truck on the road". Mine is a 2.7, so I was surprised I actually pulled it off. Let me know your opinions.
Hell no! There are plenty of truck that will stomp an RT never the less a 2.7.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still haven't raced a chevy truck. I've lost to a Lightning though.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hell no! There are plenty of truck that will stomp an RT never the less a 2.7.
Stock for stock how many trucks will actually "stomp" an R/T? Maybe some diesels but gas? Besides the SRT-10.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have only lost to a Chevy Silverado SS, never raced a Lightning but I know I'd lose, have beaten F150's, Dodge Hemi's, and a GMC Sierra.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i dont think any truck STOCK, including the diesels, can beat a charger r/t. the lightning would be a really close race, but it wouldnt "stomp" an r/t by any means. if one of the new diesels are modded, they're supposed to be pretty fast tho

·
Registered
831 Posts
Ford Lightning can't touch RT's, Chevy SS can't touch RT's, Im waiting on a new iforce V8 Tundra to come my way but im pretty sure I can get that too.

·
Registered
877 Posts
thats what I thought guys!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I believe the only competition as far as trucks go for the R/T is the Ram SRT10, Ford lightning, and believe it or not the Nissan Titan is pretty quick, but none of them would "STOMP" an R/T. If any, it would be the Lightning.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
r u kidding sjb? there are a ton of sources that have the a stock lightning running high 13's at 100 mph. its definitely a close race w/ a stock rt

·
Registered
154 Posts
r u kidding sjb? there are a ton of sources that have the a stock lightning running high 13's at 100 mph. its definitely a close race w/ a stock rt
I agree.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't know that it would "stomp" an R/T, but the Toyota Tundra V8 IForce that I had as a rental for a week flat out hauled. It made my 3.5L feel like a t3rd when I got back in it. But, that truck was fast.

·
Registered
831 Posts

I've raced 3 different drivers and beat each by at least a car length, all I have is a CAI. The 1st 2 times I said driver error but the third was a charm when I saw this guy run down a GT and asked him if he wanted to go. His response was are you kidding and then when he caught up to me he nodded his head and shrug his shoulders. Could still be a coincidence but after 3 runs with 3 different ppl.........probably Not.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've raced 3 different drivers and beat each by at least a car length, all I have is a CAI. The 1st 2 times I said driver error but the third was a charm when I saw this guy run down a GT and asked him if he wanted to go. His response was are you kidding and then when he caught up to me he nodded his head and shrug his shoulders. Could still be a coincidence but after 3 runs with 3 different ppl.........probably Not.
Well I can't say that I've raced one yet, so I can't be ABSOLUTELY positive that it can't be done. I'm just going off what I've heard, I sure hope you're right though. I would love to "STOMP" on a Lightning!

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
lots of turbo diesels out there that will wipe the floor with an rt

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have a random question for everyone, why is it that a performance chip for a truck will generate much more HP gains than one for a car? Don't get me wrong I love my predator but if I installed on a truck I would expect to get at least double the HP gains as in my RT.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Well I can't say that I've raced one yet, so I can't be ABSOLUTELY positive that it can't be done. I'm just going off what I've heard, I sure hope you're right though. I would love to "STOMP" on a Lightning!
I should point out that I always power launch, get the RPM's up to about 3k sometimes a little more and then go for it....

·
Registered
125 Posts
about 2 months ago i raced a fellow club member home from work. rolling start at about 60mph. his ram has dynatech longtubes, cai, flowmaster exhaust, superchip, lowered 2-5 inches. i got a r/t with r/t , flowmaster Super44's, and nothing else. he kept it close, but could not keep up. called it off when we hit 130+. he gave all he could, but i still had more to give.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
about 2 months ago i raced a fellow club member home from work. rolling start at about 60mph. his ram has dynaech longtubes, cai, flowmaster exhaust, superchip, lowered 2-5 inches. i got a r/ with r/t , flowmaster, and nothing else. he kept it close, but could not keep up. called it off when we hit 130+. he gave all he could, but i still had more to give.
sweet, u better show em who is the boss!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts