Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am hoping to geta charger soon (sxt) but the wife like the way the magnum looks better. has anyone driven both? does the magnum feel noticebly heavier?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have driven 3 Chargers and 2 Magnums on test drives. I changed my Charger SRT8 order to a Magnum SRT8. The car is not noticably heavier.
The "chopped" look won me over and I just could not get used to the rear of the Charger. maybe the wrong post on a Charger Forum but hey I still like the Charger - you can not go wrong with either.

PS Just stay away from the 2.7

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
both are nice.....but you are on a charger forum man! we are all going to lean on the charger side pretty heavy. the charger is a little faster on the r/t side but not sure on the sxt side. it really depends on what you want though...realize that the trunk is smaller on the charger, but i have seen both next together and i didn't think it was much of a difference.... inside is almost exactly the same. but the styling man.....ya gotta love the chargers aggresive lines....it looks like a shark ready to eat any "ricer" in the way....(sorry had to throw that in there - we have alot of "rice" haters).....it is a great looking ride/car (lol-another stab at a thread)!!!!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey there are freaks of nature (j/k)........curious as to why you are on a charger forum, but to each his own......

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in love with it. ( the charger) I have been reading post on hear for weeks I finally sighned up. this is a nice croud. thanks for the opinions, I am set on the charger, the only reason i wouldconsider the magnum is I have 4 12s from my old vehicle but thats for another topic (btw they were in a 94 sentra)

·
Registered
587 Posts
GoDaddy said:
hey there are freaks of nature (j/k)........curious as to why you are on a charger forum, but to each his own......
There is a lot to learn about this platform... no?

:cry:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
70gt6 said:
I have driven 3 Chargers and 2 Magnums on test drives. I changed my Charger SRT8 order to a Magnum SRT8. The car is not noticably heavier.
The "chopped" look won me over and I just could not get used to the rear of the Charger. maybe the wrong post on a Charger Forum but hey I still like the Charger - you can not go wrong with either.

PS Just stay away from the 2.7

HEY EVERYBODY, FREE DRINKS!!!!!!!!!!! (cranks up music while goon squad shuffles 70gt off for some "attitude reconditioning") :happy:

Anyway, to my mind, its so close to the same car, its a functional choice. Me, my wife has a truck to haul stuff. If she didnt, the Mag might be my choice.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go daddy did you have 18s on your car I think I remeber you saying 235 55

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
yeah man...i really like both cars....i favor the charger heavily....nothing against the mag at all.....trust me, my uncle has a mag. r/t - it is nice....but he IS changing to the charger....lol.

as long as we don't include the 300c i am cool....just don't care for the 300c...my opinion...so don't light me up....but it just is tooo...mmmmm......gangster i guess is what i am looking for......

again my opinion.

·
Registered
263 Posts
MR C said:
I am in love with it. ( the charger) I have been reading post on hear for weeks I finally sighned up. this is a nice croud. thanks for the opinions, I am set on the charger, the only reason i wouldconsider the magnum is I have 4 12s from my old vehicle but thats for another topic (btw they were in a 94 sentra)
You can put four 12 in subs (free air) in the trunk of a Charger. I have 2 10in RF in mine with plenty of room to spare.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I am asking myself this same question now. There sits a Magnum SRT-8 at the dealership that I could drive away tomorrow if I lose patience with Dodge on my SRT-8 order delays.

But I just can't see the "Magnum" name being a "sought-after" car in the future. "Charger" just has a historical presence that makes me bite my lip and continue to wait. (trying to wait "patiently", but Dodge is really trying that patience right now) :mad:

And, with the sh!tty customer service I've received so far, they are starting to make me question my dealings with their company.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i have the stock 18s.......yeah i think they are 235/55/18......i am looking to go to the bfg kw2s that are 255/50/18.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
moparfan said:
I am asking myself this same question now. There sits a Magnum SRT-8 at the dealership that I could drive away tomorrow if I lose patience with Dodge on my SRT-8 order delays.

But I just can't see the "Magnum" name being a "sought-after" car in the future. "Charger" just has a historical presence that makes me bite my lip and continue to wait. (trying to wait "patiently", but Dodge is really trying that patience right now) :mad:

And, with the sh!tty customer service I've received so far, they are starting to make me question my dealings with their company.
stick it out brother....who else would i have banter over the r/t and srt with???? plus i really can't wait for the "holy sh*t this thing is amazing" post that will follow after you pick it up!!!!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
both are great looking cars it just depends on what you like. as for room, while the magnum obviously has more cargo space the charger does have rear folding seats which allow more trunk space if needed. i chose the charger, i just prefered the look and i wanted the orange color.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a100/janedoeakafletch/

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
dagummit said:
You can put four 12 in subs (free air) in the trunk of a Charger. I have 2 10in RF in mine with plenty of room to spare.

i think you can fit about 3 medium sized bodies in the trunk....but "i" am not sure....it is what i hear from others..... :happy:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cool, thanks for the info my 12s are in a box big box :) I think i will have 10s when the family is riding and just put the 12s in for me on the weekends :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
janedoe said:
both are great looking cars it just depends on what you like. as for room, while the magnum obviously has more cargo space the charger does have rear folding seats which allow more trunk space if needed. i chose the charger, i just prefered the look and i wanted the orange color.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a100/janedoeakafletch/
and orange does rock!!!! they are sweet looking cars, but they really don't appear orange to me...not sure what color....but very sweet!!!!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
GoDaddy said:
stick it out brother....who else would i have banter over the r/t and srt with???? plus i really can't wait for the "holy sh*t this thing is amazing" post that will follow after you pick it up!!!!!!
Post like yours GoDaddy make me take a deep breath and feel better.

I keep dreaming of that same day when I can post the "holy sh!t" message, but it seems to keep getting further and further away... instead of closer. Like going down that long, dark tunnel and seeing the light... but it keeps moving away from you!

·
Registered
587 Posts
moparfan said:
But I just can't see the "Magnum" name being a "sought-after" car in the future.
Are you going to drive it or store it?
Likely if you are buying/paying for a SRT8 now you will be buying the Challenger SRT8 when available in a few years. :cool:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts