Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a new Camaro is on the block in my neighborhood, I think I'm gonna ask him for a friendly race. Maybe we could get that GT500 two houses down in on this too. Anyone got predictions? BTW that Camaro is a V8, and aside from being the ugliest thing on wheels, it sounds niiiice.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Well, off-hand I'd guess the GT500 will win, followed by the Camaro, with you bringing up the rear... sorry.

Unless you have some engine mods that aren't listed in your Signature...

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely agree about the GT500 bringing up first, if i can convince the guy to take it out of his garage for the first time since he bought it. I think the camaro and the charger could be a driver's race though. Wouldn't be surprised either way though

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
I think the camaro and the charger could be a driver's race though. Wouldn't be surprised either way though
I keep hearing that here. I have yet to see that at the dragstrip, though.

Camaros that I see at the track with a few bolt ons run right around 12.5... More than a second quicker than a stock 2010 R/T and about two seconds quicker than a 2006-2008 R/T (Stock)

Your mileage may vary..

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not disagreeing with anyone, I just am one of those people who thinks that the person driving the car is at least a hundred times more important than the car itself. It has been proven many times, quite possibly none of the times you were at the track, but alot of the time when a car loses, the drivers could switch cars and the other car would lose. I've seen it time and time again.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But yeah that camaro would almost definitely win if i keep the 22"s on when i race.
I need some smaller wheels.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I don't think we'd stand a chance against a new SS. We should leave that battle for the SRT-8s.

·
Registered
809 Posts
4 Door vs 2 Door? Heavier vs lighter? Older vs newer?

Decide. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
New as I. 06 RT vs 09 camaro
Plus don't they have like 50hp on us pre eagle 5.7s
Not to mention weigh 400 or 500lbs less then us
From a Roll at about 40 to 75mph my cousin only droped to my back bumper and his camero is only a V6

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Oh, yea... I thought you meant a brand-new Camaro SS...

Well, if it's this one, you might have a problem...

:jester:

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
So a new Camaro is on the block in my neighborhood, I think I'm gonna ask him for a friendly race. Maybe we could get that GT500 two houses down in on this too. Anyone got predictions? BTW that Camaro is a V8, and aside from being the ugliest thing on wheels, it sounds niiiice.
You will lose both races. Even if you had an SRT, the GT500 would win and it would be a driver's race with the Camaro SS.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
I'm not disagreeing with anyone, I just am one of those people who thinks that the person driving the car is at least a hundred times more important than the car itself. It has been proven many times, quite possibly none of the times you were at the track, but alot of the time when a car loses, the drivers could switch cars and the other car would lose. I've seen it time and time again.
I was just trying to save you any embarrassment.

Yes, the driver matters a lot.... the car matters more.

Even a good driver is going to have a difficult time (major mishaps notwithstanding) making up a second and a half against a bad driver in the 1/4.... unless the other guy doesn't realize he is in a race....

Looking through my timeslips.... realizing the difference a second and a half makes.... a big block Chevy Camaro and a Chevelle (both cars built just for racing... trailered there) ran that much quicker than me... it was a HUGE difference.... 12.00 versus my 13.5's that much difference is embarrassing.

What has been said is effectively that it's a drivers race between an SRT8 and a pre-Eagle R/T.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was just trying to save you any embarrassment.

Yes, the driver matters a lot.... the car matters more.

Even a good driver is going to have a difficult time (major mishaps notwithstanding) making up a second and a half against a bad driver in the 1/4.... unless the other guy doesn't realize he is in a race....

Looking through my timeslips.... realizing the difference a second and a half makes.... a big block Chevy Camaro and a Chevelle (both cars built just for racing... trailered there) ran that much quicker than me... it was a HUGE difference.... 12.00 versus my 13.5's that much difference is embarrassing.

What has been said is effectively that it's a drivers race between an SRT8 and a pre-Eagle R/T.
Hm well I'm not the "I have to win or I'm embarrassed and disgraced" type, I just enjoy racing anything. I'll race a Bugatti without hesitation, I know I'll lose. Also losing a race helps to see where you need work stacked up against competition (i.e. keeping up with the car at the beginning, or pulling back into the race during the midrange, ect). Racing is like fighting, sometimes you just gotta get your ass beat or else there is less inspiration to improve.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Hm well I'm not the "I have to win or I'm embarrassed and disgraced" type, I just enjoy racing anything. I'll race a Bugatti without hesitation, I know I'll lose. Also losing a race helps to see where you need work stacked up against competition (i.e. keeping up with the car at the beginning, or pulling back into the race during the midrange, ect). Racing is like fighting, sometimes you just gotta get your ass beat or else there is less inspiration to improve.
That's cool. I just like going to the track to see what the car can do and how it reacts to what I did to it (mods). I like going fast, but by myself... and I'm not too fond of street racing.

I have a reasonably fast car (respectable for a street car) but most cars at the track are faster. There are a lot of twelve second street cars, one of which was a new V6 Mustang.... driven by a Lady. She modded it herself. I was impressed.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some of the biggest car enthusiasts I know are women. It's funny to see people assume that they don't know anything based on gender, and then they end up eating their words.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Some of the biggest car enthusiasts I know are women. It's funny to see people assume that they don't know anything based on gender, and then they end up eating their words.
There is a woman at Lebanon Valley Dragway with a BB Chevelle "Chevy Chick" that was on "Pinks all out". There are plenty more there all the time, one has a dragster, and quite a few females in jr. dragsters.

Actually, the dragster is right in front of me in this pic, her dad was doing the tires... full size dragster.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I definitely agree about the GT500 bringing up first, if i can convince the guy to take it out of his garage for the first time since he bought it. I think the camaro and the charger could be a driver's race though. Wouldn't be surprised either way though
A non modded 06 RT wouldn't stand a chance against my 09 RT much less an SS Camaro. My 11 5.0 would be a driver's race with the SS.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A non modded 06 RT wouldn't stand a chance against my 09 RT much less an SS Camaro. My 11 5.0 would be a driver's race with the SS.
That's funny, I don't remember saying that my car could take your car in the first place, moving on, I think so much has already been established. Like I said I don't care if I lose a race, let's try to read the posts a little more heh? Nor did I say anything about the years of any of the cars, besides the fact that my signature reveals that I have an '06. Just saying some people could be jumping the gun a little bit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts