Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not kidding. On my way home from work yesterday, I passed a caliber. After a few miles down the road I slowed down for some other cars and he got right on my bumper. After it was clear he got beside me and tried to pull on me. I let him run a little bit, but then he heard my JBA's at WOT. I know it's not nice to pick on the weak, but he asked for it. He definitely knows now he bought the wrong Dodge.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
aww, I bet his dealer told him they were super fast, lol.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Not kidding. On my way home from work yesterday, I passed a caliber. After a few miles down the road I slowed down for some other cars and he got right on my bumper. After it was clear he got beside me and tried to pull on me. I let him run a little bit, but then he heard my JBA's at WOT. I know it's not nice to pick on the weak, but he asked for it. He definitely knows now he bought the wrong Dodge.
Think of it as a family beatdown.

Every year my son tries me and every year he loses.

·
Registered
410 Posts
dealer probably told him they were the same car with a different body on it...

·
Registered
661 Posts
He didnt have enough stickers you get 5hp per sticker you know. Dyno'ed tested

·
Registered
151 Posts
LOL...I bought a Caliber for my wife when I bought the Daytona. She has offered to race me a couple time. I keep telling her, wait until both are broken in. :D

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL...I bought a Caliber for my wife when I bought the Daytona. She has offered to race me a couple time. I keep telling her, wait until both are broken in. :D
Take that race!!!! Just make sure you make the bet really good!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
What ever happened to the Caliber SRT4? there was an article last year in Car and Driver that said it would have a turbo charged 4-banger motor that would pump out 300hp!!! It was claimed that it would be a sub 6 sec 0-60!! I had even toyed w/ the idea of getting one, but it never came.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Was it at least yellow. Yellow dodge cars are faster. That's a fact, lol.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Not to make fun...but I have always called them the "Baby Charger" ever since they came out.

Avenger I mean....dang already called out.......sorry

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not to make fun...but I have always called them the "Baby Charger" ever since they came out.
i think the avenger is more of a baby charger

·
Registered
150 Posts
What ever happened to the Caliber SRT4? there was an article last year in Car and Driver that said it would have a turbo charged 4-banger motor that would pump out 300hp!!! It was claimed that it would be a sub 6 sec 0-60!! I had even toyed w/ the idea of getting one, but it never came.
Production on it starts the middle of next month. See the thread over at caliberforums.com.

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4528

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
it will be out in dealers in september
it has a base price of 22000 and has 285hp i believe,i know its not 300hp
it does 0 60 in mid to high 5s
i think its really good for 22gs

·
Registered
363 Posts
Caliber SRT4 2006

it will be out in dealers in september
it has a base price of 22000 and has 285hp i believe,i know its not 300hp
it does 0 60 in mid to high 5s
i think its really good for 22gs
Sorry when i read the article it was in 2006 and it had this listed, still 285hp isn't too bad, heck my 96 camaro had an 275hp LT1

http://www.caranddriver.com/previews/10907/preview-review-2007-dodge-caliber-srt4-2007-dodge-caliber-srt4-specs-page3.html
2007 DODGE CALIBER SRT4

Vehicle type: front-engine, front-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 5-door wagon
Estimated base price: $22,000
Engine type: turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 16-valve inline-4, aluminum block and head, port fuel injection

Displacement: 144 cu in, 2360cc
Power (SAE net): 300 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 260 lb-ft @ 2000 rpm

Transmission: 6-speed manual
Wheelbase: 103.7 in
Length/width/height: 173.8/68.8/59.9 in
Curb weight: 3200 lb
Performance ratings (C/D est):
Zero to 60 mph: 5.5 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 14.1 sec
Projected fuel economy (mfr’s est):
EPA city driving: 22 mpg
EPA highway driving: 28 mpg

·
Registered
230 Posts
Oh god, I think that thing is an eye sore. I love my charger, but some of the dodge vehicles leave a little something to be desired (present company excluded).

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
watch out 5.7's, its gonna be faster then us. We MUST have mods now just to keep the baby maggies at bay.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
they need to make a srt8 nitro bring back the r/t dakota with the 5.7 or even an srt8 dakota, and make an srt8 durango...then dodge will be running shyt on da streets...

·
Registered
137 Posts
they need to make a srt8 nitro bring back the r/t dakota with the 5.7 or even an srt8 dakota, and make an srt8 durango...then dodge will be running shyt on da streets...
A black SRT8 Nitro would be a sweet ride.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
You know, I just happen to have somethin' to say bout this thread.......:silenced: :rolleyes:

I've pre-ordered an SRT-4 w/ ALL the stuff from my Dealer as my new daily driver. 2200lbs and 300HP w/a 6-speed. Hmmmmmmm :clap:

So....don't be so quick to dismiss the next Calibre that comes up ya, you might be in for a pretty big shock:wave:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts