Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know about possible availability of trunk boxes for the Charger? These are enclosures that fit into the sides of the trunk behind the wheel wells and provide dress up as well as some storage for cleaning supplies, small tools and misc. stuff. I had a set on my 96 Impala and loved them but haven't seen or heard of them for the Charger.

Here's the boxes in my Impala.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I believe I read on the forum that Mopar does make them. I also got the idea to take a steralite or some other brand plastic bin with a cover and put velcro on the bottom to keep it from sliding around. I put the box in the trunk a month ago and love it and the velcro trick works like a charge. Hasn't moved even when doing doughnuts!!

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
I saw one on MOPARSUPERCENTER last night when I ordered my hood struts . . . I almost bought it.

Audiovox, thanks for the idea to use Velcro. I have a rubbermaid box in my trunk and I get sick and tired of it moving all over the dang place. Considering the truck is carpeted, not really sure why I didn't think of using Velcro. I shall take care of that problem tonight. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure you're talking about the trunk organizer, right? I've seen that and considered it, but would prefer something that was out of the way like my old boxes. If I can't find anyone who can make them, I might try making some myself or take the OTC Velcros direction. I just was hoping that there might be someone who had already done this.

Hmmm, maybe I can design this, make some and make some $$$$$$$?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I'd like one for just one side, looks pretty nice in that Impala!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I bought the Mopar trunk liner as soon as I got my car . . . it's actually more of a flexible material than it looks in pics, and the bottom is coated with a semi-non-slip surface. I just pull it out once in a while and hose it off, washing it just like the rest of the car. There is a small cubby on each side. There is also a detent that looks like it would hold some type of seperator front/back. I keep an umbrella in the bottom of the cargo net that acts as a partition. BTW, it wasn't long ago that I realized the cargo net forms a "cup", you can actually put things IN it! I just didn't notice that for a long time.

·
Registered
86 Posts
where??

I bought the Mopar trunk liner as soon as I got my car . . . it's actually more of a flexible material than it looks in pics, and the bottom is coated with a semi-non-slip surface. I just pull it out once in a while and hose it off, washing it just like the rest of the car. There is a small cubby on each side. There is also a detent that looks like it would hold some type of seperator front/back. I keep an umbrella in the bottom of the cargo net that acts as a partition. BTW, it wasn't long ago that I realized the cargo net forms a "cup", you can actually put things IN it! I just didn't notice that for a long time.

i REALLY like that trunk liner....where'd you get it??

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
You're missing a part of the trunk liner. There is a part that goes in the center that opens and closes for storage. When the lid is open, the area can be divided into four smaller sections by small nets, or it can be made into one large area. There are also 4 tabs on the lid to attach grocery bags to.

Here's the only pic that I can find. You can see the center portion...it's closed and has my hats on it. Sorry, I don't have any other pics of the liner. I'll try to remember to take some tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Joescat...your bumper looks a little on the dusty side.

Nice organizer. I keep mine completely empty. I like the nice empty space. For being a muscle car, the chargers definitely have a lot of room.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Velcro

I believe I read on the forum that Mopar does make them. I also got the idea to take a steralite or some other brand plastic bin with a cover and put velcro on the bottom to keep it from sliding around. I put the box in the trunk a month ago and love it and the velcro trick works like a charge. Hasn't moved even when doing doughnuts!!
small rubbermaid bin for cleaning supplys
I too use the velcro 2" wide strips works great for almost every,
thing i even used on my folding camping chair and it never moves
small rubbermaid bin for cleaning supplys
even use it on a small 6pack cooler, nothing ever moves
very versital and cheep

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
That's exactly what I do. Large plastic bin with a lid and Velcro strips on the bottom to hold it in place. I have one in the wife's Nitro for her to put groceries in so they don't roll around.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
FlagHarbour, I think I ordered it right through the dealership when I ordered the car. But there's a link Sharp Charge posted for the item at MoparSuperCenter.

Hey ChargerSXT - NOW someone tells me! I've even posted pics of it a few times in the past, but no one ever pointed out the missing piece. I can't really tell in your pic what that part is like. It might be too late, but I'll see if I can finagle that part somehow. Thanks for letting me know!

Mr. Wrath, yeah it's an old pic, and was wintertime, as evidenced by the backup boots in the trunk, I keep those there most of the winter in case I'm stranded. Shoes won't allow for survival very long with no heat!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Holy Hijack, Batman!
:confused::confused:

I'm not sure who / what you're referring to as "Hijack", but since I was the last poster, it's seems to be pointing to me.

You asked about trunk boxes, as an organizer, place to store small items. I'm merely letting you know the availability of the trunk liner, that has organizer bins molded into it. If you're looking for "trunk boxes" specifically and only, I apologize, you can just ignore the trunk liner idea.

As typical on the internet, that expanded the discussion with replies to me, and actually told ME something I didn't know about the liner I bought. I felt compelled to be polite and conversational, and reply back to several of the posters (in one post, tripled up with the replies). We're still discussing trunk liners as the core topic, a potentially missing part from mine, where I bought it. In the same post I did reply back about the dirty state of my car in the picture I posted, and I had boots in the trunk. If THAT's what set you off, then ok, I apologize again.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Hey ChargerSXT - NOW someone tells me! I've even posted pics of it a few times in the past, but no one ever pointed out the missing piece. I can't really tell in your pic what that part is like. It might be too late, but I'll see if I can finagle that part somehow. Thanks for letting me know!
I've forgotten about taking pics....I'll try to this evening while I gettin' my baby ready for her show tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I want a cargo net!!!!! Where can I get one??????

·
Registered
230 Posts
same here on the cargo net. only prob with the velcro route is over time your carpet will begin to frey and mat. that trunk liner looks good, but i like the idea from the original post. that impala truck looks bad axx and the out of site thing is good. i can make some out of mdf or plywood but would be heavy. blow mold would be best IMO

1 - 20 of 26 Posts