Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 dodge charger 3.5L 108,000 miles, i was driving and it just stopped accelerating i put the car in every gear and it just revs up the RPM but it does not go, what could be causing the problem?? i had to get it towed home, it gave no signs of the transmission slipping or about to go out it was riding perfectly fine

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts
I have a 2010 dodge charger 3.5L 108,000 miles, i was driving and it just stopped accelerating i put the car in every gear and it just revs up the RPM but it does not go, what could be causing the problem?? i had to get it towed home, it gave no signs of the transmission slipping or about to go out it was riding perfectly fine
One thing to remember is that this is an adaptive transmission that keeps adjusting for torque modification internally. Basically it will adjust for wear and lack of friction modifiers until it burns up the trans. It can be an all of a sudden occurrence or experience.

We talk about changing the fluid out every 40k to 60k miles. We put 18% more friction modifiers in our custom blend so that you always have plenty of modifiers to help the clutches grab. If you cook out the modifiers you glaze the clutches and eventually you have no transmission to grab for torque.;)

Keep us informed.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Have you checked the fluid level?

Reactions: mrsgibson

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Have you had the fluid level checked by a mechanic?
Fixed, since there's no dipstick and the owners can't easily check the fluid level ourselves... ;)

Good luck with the issue, hopefully it is just low fluid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i the fluid level can only be checked by the dealership and i will get it towed to them today, i got my check engine codes which were p0725. p0721 which are the input and output sensors, do you think once i replace the sensors it will run fine without me having to replace the transmission?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i the fluid level can only be checked by the dealership and i will get it towed to them today, i got my check engine codes which were p0725. p0721 which are the input and output sensors, do you think once i replace the sensors it will run fine without me having to replace the transmission? .

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
how else could i have the fluid levels checked without going through a mechanic?
not easy for a conventional user. Car has to be lifted straight up and you need the special calibrated tool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts