Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Charger 6 cyl SXT RWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car: 2015 Dodge Charger 6 cyl SXT RWD

Problem started recently , vehicle wont start. I had the battery checked (it was good), had the starter replaced , replaced the CMP camshaft position sensor and CKP crankshaft position sensor. Air filter is clean. No bad fuel. Spark plugs are good to go.

The key fob start button wont turn the car on either.

I'm at a loss....and seem to be wasting $ at this point.

Any ideas??? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
GS:
Welcome to the forum. How many miles on your Charger, and what was it's in service date? When you say it won't start, do you mean the engine cranks, but won't run? You need fuel, compression and spark to run. One or more are missing if it won't start. Has the Check engine light been on, and if so have you pulled the code(s)? In what way was the battery tested?

Don

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Does the car turn over at all? Did you try jump starting it? I see you had the battery checked but I've had a battery check good that wasn't checked properly. I would also go back and check the connections on the new starter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
64,120 miles are on the vehicle, no codes on the dash display and last in service date is unknown. I change the oil regularly and check the air filter regularly. When the battery was checked it was checked by advanced auto parts and they connected a handheld computer to the terminals. The vehicle will crank but it takes hitting the start button on the vehicle twice for it to finally start. The fuel pump seems to be working, no missing on any cylinders. Basically, when I hit the start button it clicks...then when I hit it again it'll turn over and crank. Sometimes I have to hit the start button three times for it to work. The automatic starr button on the key fob also isnt working. Before I would have to jump start the vehicle to get it to run but now (after replacing a few sensors) it'll start after hitting the start button a few times on the car.

Thanks for the replies!!

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
1,122 Posts
Cranking doesn't mean that there's enough to spark to start. Charge the battery overnight, if over 13, connect a voltmeter to see what the alternator is putting out.

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
GS:
It sounds like your issue might be some kind of glitch. With no codes, and no CE light, I would not throw any more parts at it until you get some data to point you in a specific direction. Our Dodge vehicles can be picky about sensors not being oem, so if you did not go back in with oem, you may have removed a better quality oem part for a lesser quality questionable one.

For giggles, try a battery reset by disconnecting the negative cable, depressing the brake pedal 30 seconds, and then reconnect, and see if things improve.

Have your tried holding the end of your remote to the start button, to see if that makes a difference. Re your Charger's original in service date, if it is a late build or sold '15, you may have a bit of powertrain warranty left which may come in handy.

Once it starts, does it run and drive ok?

Don

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A bit embarrassing but I dropped the Charger off at a mechanic. I've been working late so I needed the car back at 100%. Turns out the battery had a bad cell. It passed a last week when tested and failed this go around. Replaced battery and everything is back to normal.

I appreciate everyone on the forum and thanks for not destroying this noob lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts