Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im considering on trading my 2019 SXT charger in to get a 2012 SRT8 Superbee charger.
It only has 80k miles on it, but it’s a super bee, meaning it has no leather seats, and lacks the big uconnect screen.

The only thing holding me back from getting the car is definitely the small screen it has

Vehicle Gear shift Car Motor vehicle Steering part

my question is, if I upgrade to the 8.4”uconnect screen, will it work with the SRT pages?
I’m not too experienced with the older chargers so I’ve never had to change out the screens before. I just want to make sure everything will work fine

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,858 Posts
Short Answer is.

Yes. The radio upgrade is easy and 100% worth it. I would imagine the pages should show up but unsure. Not hard to get them enabled though.

Case in point, 2011 Pursuit. 2011 never had SRT or SRT pages. And pursuits Never came with 8.4.

Vehicle Speedometer Car Motor vehicle Steering part

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Short Answer is.

Yes. The radio upgrade is easy and 100% worth it. I would imagine the pages should show up but unsure. Not hard to get them enabled though.

Case in point, 2011 Pursuit. 2011 never had SRT or SRT pages. And pursuits Never came with 8.4.

View attachment 306431
How did you go about getting that next gen cluster? Just plug and play like the uconnect?

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
If you look for a 2014 Super Bee you can find them with the 8.4" UConnect.

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,858 Posts
I see you have a next gen cluster too in there. Was that just plug and play and does everything work?
How did you go about getting that next gen cluster? Just plug and play like the uconnect?

Uconnect is pretty much plug and play. Requires Radio code, and Bezel.

The Cluster, I have seen that some years do not work well in older cars. May be a 2011 thing. But it does plug in fine. The two biggest things is the Bezel design is different. And if you put in the 15+ bezel you have to figure out a way to custom mount the screen to the bezel as 15 the radio is mounted to the dash, where as 11-14 screen is mounted to the bezel. I used cardboard, tape, two screws, and zip ties to get mien perfect. I do not have photos.

Biggest part, is having a Zautomotive Tazer. This is the only way to have the steering wheel buttons work. The values sent over the canbus network changed and some one long time ago on here figured it out and shared (hope they made money) with Zautomotive which then programmed the tazer to act as a canbus data translator to make them work. There is some additional work may needed like changing shifter type and such via alfaOBD. But this may be now handled by the tazer when enabling cluster swap. Being a Pursuit my life was bit different.

Regardless, 100% worth it. I love the cluster over my 2011 even though few things do not work because 2011 oddities I think. In autostick Gear selected does not show. Cruise Control doesn't show set speed, G-Force meters, IAT sensor. Radio section does not give major details. However the Performance Timers do send the info over to the Radio though!

The top three sections, where mine says DTE, Trip, and MPG is changeable to whatever you want. Stock the coolant gauge just shows lines with H and C. With vehicle is a SRT it changes to numbers.

Car Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Tachometer

Speedometer Trip computer Vehicle Tachometer Motor vehicle

Car Speedometer Motor vehicle White Light

Car Speedometer Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle

Reactions: HemiTick57
1 - 6 of 6 Posts