Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Charger SRT-8. I just bought different wheels for it 2 days ago, so I am looking to sell mine. They are in good shape (car now has 9000 miles), with some VERY slight curb rash (less than a half dime) on one wheel, and a nick (that's almost impossible to find even if you are looking for it) in one other. I talked to a wheel shop and they said no problems at all to fix. I just don't want to spend the money to fix it since I will no longer be using them. I would like $1200 bucks for them, or you can make an offer. However I will sell them to the first one that offers the $1200. I have been an established member at srt8oc.com for a long while now, under the name zigpig. Contact me at (636) 262-5221 if you have any questions. Thanks! I would appreciate your guys interest! :D

Jake

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update:

These are ORIGINAL Charger SRT-8 wheels, off a brand new (bought in February) 2007 Charger SRT-8. 20x9. They have "SRT" tastefully embedded in a spoke. Will fit any LX platform.

Note: I am posting these on a Charger site first, so you guys get first shot. After that I will most likely go on Ebay or private sale locally. Figured that fellow Charger owners should be first in line! Thank you!

Jake

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
is $1200 w/ tires?

·
Registered
519 Posts
These are ORIGINAL Charger SRT-8 wheels, off a brand new (bought in February) 2007 Charger SRT-8. 20x9. They have "SRT" tastefully embedded in a spoke. Will fit any LX platform.

Note: I am posting these on a Charger site first, so you guys get first shot. After that I will most likely go on Ebay or private sale locally. Figured that fellow Charger owners should be first in line! Thank you!

Jake
Jake:
thanks for your PM and holding the wheels. Unfortunately I'll have to pass this opportunity... and here is why:

My situation may not be the same as someone else's but I am more than happy to share what I've learned. I've made several calls to a few places to make sure I do the swap of wheels right. Granted, your price is a great deal.

Here are some tips I was given at the Mopar/Dodge Service Department today...

1.) If you have purchsed the optional PROTEC, Free Tires for Life & Optional Road Hazard Insurance Policy deal, your car must first be driven a minimum of 15,000 miles before they will transfer the policy to NEW (optional) tires.

(I have only 5,000 miles (ugh!) and soon she'll be put up for the winter. Better be driving more next year.)​

2.) For those who will swap their OEM rims for new ones, you will first have to look at the tires you'd like to buy, and get the "number of revolutions per mile" from the manufacturer to the service department who will mount the tires. They have to check whether they can program the car's odometer to those particular tires... so it's best done before you buy.

3.) If you are wondering about the tire pressure monitor that's on your original wheels, those can be taken off the old, and put onto the new rims when the service department swaps them out.

4.) Unfortunately, if I wait, the cost for Mopar's new SRT-8 20x9" wheels will be $900 each. Ughhh.

-------------------------------

Since I want to keep my Protec Free Tires for Life insurance policy, I am not ready to swap yet. When I am, I will definitely go with the 20x9" SRT-8 wheels.

I will not opt for the similar SRT-8 knock-offs, or similar other brand wheels. I I will definitely stick with Mopar wheels (since there are rumors that Mopar might not be here too much longer) and Michelin tires. I want to be able to say, "yep, all original, and all Mopar". Except, I am also thinking about putting on new slotted/drilled brake disks, and Brembo brakes.

Yes, I know, unfortunately it will cost me THOUSANDS to do it, but I regard it as more-or-less, an expensive hobby, and investment.

So, Jake, I am sorry, and thank you for the offer. It is defintely a good deal, and I am sure someone else will gladly jump on this opportunity as fast as I did.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Wheel Swap

How will you handle the wheel swap?

Through the Dodge dealership or some other local garage, or self???

Who else has been advised, or taken into consideration the programming of the odometer by means of the "revolutions per mile" from the manufacturer, for the new wheels???

I was told that in order to have them do the swap at the dealership, to have the new tires mounted and balanced at the place where I buy them, not through them. On the other hand, if I were to buy the rims from them at the dealership, I'd just have to bring in the tires.

:knockout: :knockout: :knockout:

I always like to see things kept simple (KISS)... but
could it be, that the service desk guy just wasn't too excited about my idea of bringing in someone else's used rims?

Well, and then there is my PROTEC Tires For Life policy... how could it have been that simple? Ummm.

Arrrgh....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE: Hey guys. Here's the scoop. Pics have been taken, and will be uploaded at approximately 10 PM tonight!!! I am off to the race track (Gateway International) to run the beast. So as soon as I get back, I will post them. Thanks again everybody for your interest. Check back later tonight!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This offer is for the WHEELS only. I will keep the tire pressure monitors, because I need them for my other wheels. I am either going to have the dodge dealership I bought the car at install my wheels, or just have the wheel shop do it when I take my new ones to get powdercoated.... I'm not too worried about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.