Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spoke with my dealer and DC, bad news guys... all of the SRT-8s (even the Magnums) have been moved back to C status. (sub firm)

Dealer didn't know why, so I called DC and the gal I talked to was less than helpful. She didn't know so I asked for supervisor and they told me to call the dealer, that they have more info than DC does. WTF?!?

How can the dealer have more info than the MFG?!? So I called the dealer back and the Order Processor said "I've been doing this for 12 years and have never heard a MFG state that the dealer has more info than them..".

DC's "Customer Assistance"... isn't. I'm ready to call back and ream someone out for not being able to tell me WHY my status had moved backwards.

Will let you know if I find out any more info.

·
Registered
587 Posts
The only reason to go from D to C would be either dealer lost allocation (doubtful) or there is a shortage of parts available (likely).

Are you registered at mylxinfo.com for the $20 bucks (US) you get pretty good info and can ask the guys at the plant questions, granted it takes a day to get an answer but it is accurate.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
70gt6 said:
The only reason to go from D to C would be either dealer lost allocation (doubtful) or there is a shortage of parts available (likely).

Are you registered at mylxinfo.com for the $20 bucks (US) you get pretty good info and can ask the guys at the plant questions, granted it takes a day to get an answer but it is accurate.
Confirmed that dealer has not lost allocation. On the phone with DC right now and I WILL get an answer as to why this has happened.

Dealer Order Processor stated that he has never seen a vehicle order where a VIN was already assigned go backwards in status from D to C.

I told him that if it was a parts shortage on a particular option, then I will modify my order to eliminate it and ensure my order moves forward.

·
Registered
587 Posts
moparfan said:
Dealer Order Processor stated that he has never seen a vehicle order where a VIN was already assigned go backwards in status from D to C.
There have been several lately on the brampton site that when back and forth from C-D-C-D. Did not notice why. But if you are saying ALL are moved back it must be a comon component on all SRTs. doubt changing your options would help this time.

Oh.. Also I am not sure how fast customer service gets updates..I have heard only 2 times a week, so their info may be a bit slow. :mad:

·
Registered
122 Posts
moparfan said:
Confirmed that dealer has not lost allocation. On the phone with DC right now and I WILL get an answer as to why this has happened.

I told him that if it was a parts shortage on a particular option, then I will modify my order to eliminate it and ensure my order moves forward.

I hope you get an answer soon and that the delay, if any, is not too long !!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
All SRT8's went to C. I had three of them go. 300's and Chargers. I will find out why and post the answer. I don't think its a parts issue.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok... additional calls to DC and dealer have resulted in the following:

All SRT-8s have been "briefly moved aside" in the production staging due to "over scheduling" issues. Explained by the Dodge District Manager as "probably a shortage of a components common to all SRT-8 models that would effect their daily production if left in D status".

Both the Order Processor and District Manager felt that it should be a very brief delay and that all could move back to D status within "days".

Even the District Manager could not get the info on exactly what component has caused the delay, but stated it is not related to any option package... so changing the order at this point would not effect the production status.

The DC rep I spoke to was more helpful, but had conflicting information. He stated that it was still in D status (actually said it was D1 for a minute, but then said he was confused by the information on the screen - idiots). I told him DealerConnect showed C status and he could not confirm that the status was C or D.

He suggested I contact Dodge via dodge.com/contact us page and submit a complaint that there was confusion on the status and no additional info on the cause of the status change. Yeah, bet that will be answered right away. :neutral:

Hopefully this will only be a temporary problem and we'll all move to D1 status soon! If anyone else received additional info, would appreciate them passing it along to us anxious SRT-8 guys.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
steve88 said:
All SRT8's went to C. I had three of them go. 300's and Chargers. I will find out why and post the answer. I don't think its a parts issue.
Appreciate the info. Excuse the language, but this is f'n bullsh!t !! :mad:

Why the hell can't DC tell us EXACTLY why the status change happened? They changed it for a reason and their customers should be told exactly why it happened. Period.

My Dealer's Order Processor said it is pretty common for production issues on allocation vehicles to be kept confidential. Again, I think that is bullsh!t. Tell us what's going on so we know and that's all we ask.

Again, appreciate any assistance/info you can provide Steve.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Moparfan, this coincide's with what LT was told by a DC rep this past Friday at the SRT test drive about a vendor part backorder. :mad: :wink:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
steve88 said:
Where the hell is the communication from DC to it's dealers? You'd think that DC would contact the dealers and explain to them that a production status change was imminent on their orders and provide an explanation that they could give to their customers with pending orders. Proactive communication is the key to any successful business.

Don't know if this is typical of the auto industry or not, but sounds like extremely poor communication from the mfg to the dealer in my opinion.

"Be specific to be terrific"

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Guys, in a lot of ways, the system is still in the 90s. :) Meaning that business as usual is like it was back before this instantly connected world we live in came to be. Before, it never mattered if the dealers had accurate info, becuase that was the only resource a customer had. The dealer could tell you that the freaking Tooth Fairy had bumped your allocation and that was that.

What I find totally ridiculous is that we get folks from Dodge Marketing on here trying to pump us up and act like they get it. But even if they do, they are hogtied by coporate.

When the suits figure out that a simple thing like letting a rep tells us straight up
"All SRT-8s are on hold due to a supplier issue we expect to be be claered up by October 10, but of course thats subject to change" would mean %500 more than the same rep telling us about how cool it is that Chargers come with Hemis, we'll be making progress.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GLHS837 said:
...would mean %500 more than the same rep telling us about how cool it is that Chargers come with Hemis, we'll be making progress.
Hear Hear :clap:

I see full page ads for the SRT-8 in Time magazine... TV ads showing the SRT-8 "being driven" like we'd all like to drive. All a bunch of hype until it hits the lots and their customer can actually drive the vehicle.

I understand marketing types and the need to hype up the product, but sometimes you do more damage than good when you can't deliver on your advertising "promises".

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
steve88 said:
I will find out why and post the answer. I don't think its a parts issue.
Find out anything yet Steve? Probably not since the District Manager here in Tampa couldn't get any details.

From what I understand, DC over-committed on the Charger SRT-8 scheduling and is probably backing off a bit until they can get their arms around a more realistic schedule.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
mmaloy said:
Moparfan, this coincide's with what LT was told by a DC rep this past Friday at the SRT test drive about a vendor part backorder. :mad: :wink:

Mike,
It was not a DC rep, it was one of the TOP DOGS for the SRT group. He told me they had a shortage with one of the suppliers. He was down here at the track during the srt track experience. I also heard somewhere that the foam in the chargers is from TEXAS and they also may be a slight delay on that due to Hurricane Rita....

LT

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
ltdodge said:
Mike,
It was not a DC rep, it was one of the TOP DOGS for the SRT group. He told me they had a shortage with one of the suppliers. He was down here at the track during the srt track experience. I also heard somewhere that the foam in the chargers is from TEXAS and they also may be a slight delay on that due to Hurricane Rita....

LT
I meant to say that, but brain farted. SORRY!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
The DC Cust. Asst. Rep on the phone suggested I use their "Contact Us" email form to request an answer to my questions and complaints that Cust. Asst. couldn't anwser my questions.

Here is their reply:

"Thank you for your email inquiring about the status of your vehicle
order.

I reviewed our files and found that your vehicle order is indeed in C
status. If you have questions regarding this status, I suggest you
contact the sales manager at your selling dealership for more
information. We unfortunately are unable to provide you with the
requested information.

Thank you again for your email."

Yeah... "Thank You" :neutral:

I told them in the original email that my dealer, the local Dodge District Manager and their own phone Rep suggest I contact DC for information. Jesus freakin Christ!! Talk about a run-around!

God I hope the dealer and DC aren't like this if I need warranty/after-sale support. Like their cars, but their customer support SUCKS! :mad:

(I know this thread may sound like a bunch of whining ... but the fact that my dealership has "NEVER" seen a vehicle move from D to C status warrants an explanation)

·
Registered
175 Posts
moparfan said:
.. but the fact that my dealership has "NEVER" seen a vehicle move from D to C status warrants an explanation)
moparfan: The only explaination I can come up with is D/C set you back a notch, to give the rest of us laggers,(the BX'ers) time catch up! :D :D

PS: It is enough to piss off a saint! :mad:

·
Registered
587 Posts
moparfan said:
/... but the fact that my dealership has "NEVER" seen a vehicle move from D to C status warrants an explanation
This likely the first limited production vehicle they have delt with.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
70gt6 said:
This likely the first limited production vehicle they have delt with.
By "they", do you mean Dodge or my dealer?

Dealer is SRT authorized 5-star and largest in the area. Order Processor has been there for over 12 years and he's the one I spoke with.

I would assume there have been other limited production vehicles in the past. Viper, Magnum SRT-8... ?

If Dodge or DC dropped the ball, so be it... but at least tell your customers why their orders have been delayed. Many Daytona - R/T customers on here have expressed that same frustration of no communication on extensive delays with delivery.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RPMSRT8 said:
moparfan: The only explaination I can come up with is D/C set you back a notch, to give the rest of us laggers,(the BX'ers) time catch up! :D :D

PS: It is enough to piss off a saint! :mad:
I wish all the SRT-8 orders were in D1 status!

I want all of us who are frustrated and have patiently waited while Dodge finally decided to send the allocations to the dealers, and now waited while our orders haven't been moved forward (or even worse, backwards!), to at least receive some useful communication.

We are customers ready to spend $40K+ on a purchase with DC... that at least deserves enough respect to respond to our questions with forthright answers.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts