Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay all,

I have some weird question(s) for all of you:

I've bought an imported a Charger SRT-8 2007 half way around the world in a place called Dubai, United Arab Emirates. I love the car but have some questions you people might be able to help me with:

1. Can the FM radio include even numbers (88.2 rather than just 88.1 and 88.3)? We use the whole range here.
  2. Is there a navigation hack to be able to make the navigation work here? I emailed NAVTEQ and they said they didn't provide maps for this region even though BMW and Mercedes-Benz has similar systems provided by NAVTEQ that works.
  3. Is there an easy way to change the main speedometer to KM/h rather than miles/h?

I have the UConnect system and do not want to lose that by doing any major changes to the center console.

Thanks in advance,
nahham..

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
I would think your local dodge/chrysler dealer or even the local radio shop would be better equipped with knowledge to answer your questions, Unless there is another member from Dubai on this forum with an SRT8 but I dont think so. Good luck and congrats on your car and joining us here.

Tom

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Unless there is another member from Dubai on this forum with an SRT8 but I dont think so.

Tom
If memory serves me correct (usually doesnt) i think there is somebody else from Dubai on here....

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Yes, there is but I dont think he has the SRT8. I have not been in an SRT8, nevermind to Dubai, so i am not sure how difficult his questions would be to attain.

Tom

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Not too sure.... the members name is jamoleh though, maybe you could Pm him or something

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
  1. Can the FM radio include even numbers (88.2 rather than just 88.1 and 88.3)? We use the whole range here.
  2. Is there a navigation hack to be able to make the navigation work here? I emailed NAVTEQ and they said they didn't provide maps for this region even though BMW and Mercedes-Benz has similar systems provided by NAVTEQ that works.
  3. Is there an easy way to change the main speedometer to KM/h rather than miles/h?
Is the vehicle from North America? If so,

1. No
2. No
3. No

Different nav radio head units are used for North America (model REC) and for export markets (model REJ). They use totally different main boards, so no software update or hack will change the radio frequencies, nor can the nav functions be altered to accept euro/export mapping. The solution is you have to replace the REC radio with a Middle east region model REJ. At this time, I don't believe there is any mapping software offered by Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep for the UAE region.

A cluster must be replaced by one with the exact part number as what originally came with the vehicle. Getting around this restriction can be all but impossible, and even if you found one there would be function and operational barriers due to all of the different cluster configurations.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
One thing you might do is join the 300Cforums, a sisiter site of ours. Being that Chrysler is officially sold over there, and the cars are twins under the skin, they might already have the answers you seek. They even have meet and greets, I"m sure an SRT will surprise the heck out of them.

·
Registered
444 Posts
hey my o6 came with the dodge navigation ..i hacked it to give me gcc maps (maps are from garmin) !!! but the down side is they last updated it in v4 (2006-2007)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hay all,

I have some weird question(s) for all of you:

I've bought an imported a Charger SRT-8 2007 half way around the world in a place called Dubai, United Arab Emirates. I love the car but have some questions you people might be able to help me with:

I have the UConnect system and do not want to lose that by doing any major changes to the center console.

Thanks in advance,
nahham..

i got an SRT and i shipped it from CA all the way to Saudi Arabia.
regarding the radio, i've tried every thing but nothing.
the NAV. also didnt find anything. alot of charger owners just replce the OEM radio with a new aftermarket.
and the speedometer you can chang it. its all in the steering infront of u , just press the menu button next to the volume. and search you'll find it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well, Like Raa said you can change the display through the menu on your display to show km/h this would be a good temp fix. I would imagine actually changing the speedometer being a far more daunting task and considerably more expensive.

·
Registered
261 Posts
A real cheap fix!

As far as km/h just get better at doing your math faster...LOL :banana:

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Naham firstly welcome to the forums from Bahrain and Mabrook on your new ride :)...

Resumeseed's answer is pretty much it... nothing can be done with the frequencies.. best bet is to look on uk ebay for a REJ unit or go after market.. even then i dunno if you can find a correct map CD.

speedo well a simple solution is to look into redfoxx racing or PYFC for a custom gauge cluser overlay and basically have them replace miles with their KM equivalent..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts