Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would start a thread about the possibilities of someone stuffing a viper v10 under the hood. Now how crazy would that be?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Crazy yes. Wonderful? Of course. Going to happen from Dodge? Not a chance. Somebody will do it of course but Viper engine? Can't see it happening. Espcially not considering how they could easily dwarf that power output by just making the 5.7 or 6.1 Hemi a forced induction number.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Omegalock said:
Crazy yes. Wonderful? Of course. Going to happen from Dodge? Not a chance. Somebody will do it of course but Viper engine? Can't see it happening. Espcially not considering how they could easily dwarf that power output by just making the 5.7 or 6.1 Hemi a forced induction number.
And yet, we have the SRT-10 Ram. Why didn't they just make it a supercharged Hemi? Because, Dodge likes to be different. If any of the new SRT's are going to get the Viper motor, it wouldn't surprise me if it were the Charger. Alas, it probably won't happen, but I would expect the v-10 before a forced induction 5.7 or 6.1, simply because it holds with their trend.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Well, lets not forget that Dodge has had a V-10 truck for quite a while now, and stuffing the viper motor (a V-10 truck motor, for the most part) was easy. The same cant be said for the Charger, however, I dont think it would be _that_ difficult.

I would say its very unlikely that we will ever see it from DCX, but not impossible ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not sure a v10 would even fit. I'd love to see an SRT-10 Durango, but that won't happen either. Not enough room under the hood.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think Dodge will go that route either. However, I know somebody out there wil figure a way to make it happen. I don't know if anyone recall a PT Cruiser a few years ago with a vipe engine in it. I remeber seeing in a mag, I just cant think of the name. I know it didn't have a/c and a lot of expensive mods had to be done. Just a thought give it time. Someone whose got nuthin but money will end up doing it. The Charger especially.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great minds think alike!
I requested the same for the 300 on 300Cforums.
If they had to rearrange the engine bay so the V10 could fit, so be it. I'd have a second car faster than you could say SRT10.

A SRT10 in the 300/charger/magnum would be the sickest thing on the steet!
Now that's muscle!!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Raxstone said:
And yet, we have the SRT-10 Ram. Why didn't they just make it a supercharged Hemi? Because, Dodge likes to be different.
actually a senior vp of marketing said that the srt-10 truck was created because a majority of viper owners said they would buy one to tow their cars...that and they wanted the fastest production truck title back from ford, and the v-10 was the quickest and cheapest way to accomplish that. remember that truck has been out way before the 6.1 hemi made an appearence.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Let's not forget the EPA...since the Charger is a car, the fuel milage gets lumped in and Dodge is quite close this year on average...Thats also the reason the srt-8 Charger won't be released untill sept 2006. The srt-6 will be history then and the fuel average will balance out...

·
Registered
128 Posts
chargershed said:
Thats also the reason the srt-8 Charger won't be released untill sept 2006. The srt-6 will be history then and the fuel average will balance out...
Bummer. Have not read that before. Where did you get that tidbit if you don't mind me asking.

Also, does anyone know what the Charger with Hemi will weigh in at?

Thanks,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts