Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Road and Track seems to have caught what looks to be a two door Charger test mule. Who knows if it is or not, but it does not look like the Car and Driver Charger.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thank God it doesn't look like the C&D car. The R&T picture looks like a Photoshop of a Bentley Continental GT with some Crossfire cues and a big ol' bird's beak grille. I like it alot better than the C&D car and would like it even more if they fixed the grille. Over at AllPar a very reliable insider said that the C&D car is not the Charger but is a future production Dodge. He also said that the R&T image is somewhat close to the actual Charger.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't think that's the Charger despite what the article says. Besides other things it's a 2 door.

I could be wrong though, just my opinion.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just don't know! I think everybody is just throwing playdough up against a wall and seeing if it sticks.

Here is my guess: There is a four door Magnum Sedan, and then there is the two door Charger. The Charger will not be out until 2006. The Magnum Sedan will be out earlier. The Magnum sedan had a head start on the Charger because of the Police package Dodge is developing based off the Magnum. The Magnum sedan may not be called "Magnum." It could still be a Charger.

Dodge has submitted a prototype to Nascar, but they have not released what they are calling it, and they have not even released the nose graphics yet either. Nascar had made it clear that they want Dodge running something based off a production model on the street. So running the 2006 Charger may not be an option. It simply may not be ready.

Keep in mind that Dodge will have to submit another design to Nascar for 2006, because Nascar is changing the body style of all the cars. This is where the two door Charger may fit into the picture.

Dodge has also reportedly told its NHRA teams that they will be racing the Charger when Stratus bows. The NHRA only allows coupe varients. So logic would suggest a coupe is coming.

I think the need for a four door sedan and a Nascar model for 2005 resulted in the Magnum sedan type body style seen in the C & D rendering. It took much less time to engineer, and could be built quickly without massive retooling. However, I think a sleek, completely original Charger coupe will be debuting in 2006. Its just a guess, and of course, wishful thinking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts