Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my new Charger and don't want anyone else to drive it (like bad guys to a chopshop). So...have any of you installed a security system andwhich would you recommend?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Your car should be equipped with the SKIS (Sentry Key Immoblizer System) which makes it virtually impossible for anyone to drive it away. Of course, a flatbed trumps all security and the only thing you can do about that is really good parking and some sort of tracker, like vehiclelocate.net or similar.

And before anyone pipes up with the "I know a guy, and he can steal any car with a tooothpick and a pocketknife, PLEASE, PLEASE, research before you post. One university team HAS managed to crack this kind of sysytem but it took months and a bunch of tech.

Really, I've spent a ton of time researching this system, and possible defeats.

Unless you need to be warned, don't bother with a system, with a flatbed, they'l get it anyway, and without, they can't take it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe they will not be able to drive it away, but they can sure strip a lot of stuff off of the car or steal stuff out of the car or trunk without an alarm. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Agreed, but he specifically stated driving it away.

·
Registered
17 Posts
MrDee said:
I love my new Charger and don't want anyone else to drive it (like bad guys to a chopshop). So...have any of you installed a security system andwhich would you recommend?
MOPAR alarms are made by Code Alarm. They are usually prewired for a system, so an aftermarket Code Alram may be a simple install. Check with local installers. I've used Code Alarm for 10 years and think they are one of the best. They also are the alram manufacturer for several other brands of cars (Ford..etc)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts