Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, I'm back in the car market as someone decided they liked my car and borrowed it indefinitely. Unfortunately, given how expensive everything has gotten recently, I'm unsure what the best route would be in replacing it. Should I factory order a new one? Used are almost impossible to find. Although the previous car was financed, it looks as if the HC and SCWB are leasing for almost identical prices (when adding a options to the scat pack). Would it be worth considering a HC lease?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
My brand new 300m was stolen and recovered 7 days later with an extra 1000 miles but no real damage. I would not give up hope on a recovery just yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slightly OT - Any details on when/how/where it was stolen?
It was stolen from my apartment parking garage (live in Atlanta, GA). We actually have pretty good security, but it seems that people are really after these things. Over the past month, a charger hellcat Daytona (RIP) was stolen, and a challenger hellcat was attempted stolen. They did actually end up finding the Daytona. The people who took it were in the process of changing the VIN and had planned to sell and steal it back from the person they sold it too.

To steal it, apparently, it's not too difficult. They can either spoof the key, or use the OBD port to trick the car (which I believe they did in this case).

Unfortunately, mine wasn't recovered and insurance paid out a couple of days ago. Silver lining is that given the car market, I actually made a profit.

So just some advice for anyone owning a 392 or hellcat (<2022), please look at getting a more advanced security system, tracking, and/or dashcam. These things are hot (not going to stop me from getting another one though lol).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey y'all, I'm back in the car market as someone decided they liked my car and borrowed it indefinitely. Unfortunately, given how expensive everything has gotten recently, I'm unsure what the best route would be in replacing it. Should I factory order a new one? Used are almost impossible to find. Although the previous car was financed, it looks as if the HC and SCWB are leasing for almost identical prices (when adding a options to the scat pack). Would it be worth considering a HC lease?
happened to me twice this year. First was never recovered, second was found crashed and insurance totaled it. Local police tell me theres been over 15 charger thefts in my area this summer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
happened to me twice this year. First was never recovered, second was found crashed and insurance totaled it. Local police tell me theres been over 15 charger thefts in my area this summer.

That's awful man. That has to be infuriating. So sorry to hear that. You still going for another one?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts