Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this question will bring out the idiot trolls like OLDSCHOOL.

So I will give him a nice middle finger to start with:wave:

Does anybody have any real numbers on the sale of Chargers so far :confused:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Wow! Those are very interesting figures. No wonder you see so many 300's on the road. :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
I guess that I should make a note:

- I live in a pretty populated area (suburb) outside of Philadelphia - and I would have to say that I really did see that many 300's on the road, until this spring. Now, I see 5 or more a day.

- As far as the Charger, I have seen 4 (not including my car) on the road, since May. So, I've seen posts, elswhere, where people are making predictions about the Charger and its future sales - In those posts, the tone seemed to be that the car was a "flop" - But, I pay no attention to that, because the car has only been available since the end of May.

- Anyhow, I think the best thing for the marketing of the cars, is to see them on the road. I think most people gain an interest when they see them in person (and not in a TV ad).

- Based on the number of folks that take the time to look over my Charger (Midnight Blue), when they see it on the road, I would think that some of them are gaining an interest - and when it's time for them to start shopping, they will go and take a test drive.

But who knows, I'm not qualified to make a market analysis.

Brian T.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When someone over 30 who can afford a Charger sees it they go crazy.

About 30% of the people under 30 don't like it, mostly 18-24 year olds, and mostly driving the Mustang daddy bought for them.

LOL, even my wife knows the Rustang is a girl's car :wink:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well ,by these numbers the 300 is a more popular looking and selling car across the board,however the good news for the new charger will be like the new gto (that people didn't like the styling of either),there will be far less of these vehicles on the road and it will make the car stand out. And as far as the negative comment that someone made about the new mustang being a girls car,I really disagree with that statement,for it shows alot of immaturity.The new mustang gt,is one fine looking automobile,shown by the overflowing sales which speaks for itself. I think the new charger srt-8 when it comes out,will catch some eyes for sure,and even MORE SO will be the new Shelby GT-500 Cobra Mustang,along with the new zo6 corvette. :cool:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Price and popularity with the Mustang, pure and simple.

There has always been a New Mustang on the road since 64.

And for some reason every rich kid, college a#$hole needs one.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Actually, the Charger will eventually outsell BOTH the 300 and Magnums... One reason is because there are so FEW Chrysler dealers. Dodge has MANY more dealers and the advertising and styling is aiming right at Dodge's market. Another reason is because this car rocks. Most of the trolls haven’t even driven one.

You will see lots of THIS model Charger soon enough.
The naysayers will always poke their uninformed opinion in here because they HOPE this car fails to sell well.
But just like the trolling, their intelligence... or lack there of, is apparent.

·
Registered
49 Posts
RadarmagneT said:
Actually, the Charger will eventually outsell BOTH the 300 and Magnums... One reason is because there are so FEW Chrysler dealers. Dodge has MANY more dealers and the advertising and styling is aiming right at Dodge's market. Another reason is because this car rocks. Most of the trolls haven’t even driven one.

You will see lots of THIS model Charger soon enough.
The naysayers will always poke their uninformed opinion in here because they HOPE this car fails to sell well.
But just like the trolling, their intelligence... or lack there of, is apparent.
It should far outsell the 300. The Charger is a replacement for the Intrepid. DC needs to sell a ton of the SE models to make up for the Intrepid. The only way they will do that is to dicount the hell out of the price. Lets see if they can ever reach anywhere near the sales numbers of the Intrepid. I beleive DC was selling 20,000 Intrepids a month in the best days(plus the 300M, concorde and LHS sales).

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Oldschool said:
It should far outsell the 300. The Charger is a replacement for the Intrepid. DC needs to sell a ton of the SE models to make up for the Intrepid. The only way they will do that is to dicount the hell out of the price. Lets see if they can ever reach anywhere near the sales numbers of the Intrepid. I beleive DC was selling 20,000 Intrepids a month in the best days(plus the 300M, concorde and LHS sales).
You mean they were selling 20,000 Intrepids a month or selling 20,000 of all four cars combined?

They shouldn't need to discount the SE at all, it's a great value. They should seriously discount the SXT, though. That $3,000 appearance package is a huge rip-off.

I wouldn't worry so much about production numbers as profits. They probably make more profit on 1 Charger R/T than they did on 10 fleet Intrepids. You have to figure the typical Charger R/T goes for $32,000, $9,000 more than an SE. The Hemi is cheaper to build than the 3.5L, and the rest of the R/Ts goodies don't come close to offsetting the price differential.

If police departments take to the Charger, that would help quite a bit. There are a lot of departments put off by the exploding Crown Vics that are desparate to find something better than an Intrepid (flaming brakes) or Impala.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dutch said:
You mean they were selling 20,000 Intrepids a month or selling 20,000 of all four cars combined?

They shouldn't need to discount the SE at all, it's a great value. They should seriously discount the SXT, though. That $3,000 appearance package is a huge rip-off.

I wouldn't worry so much about production numbers as profits. They probably make more profit on 1 Charger R/T than they did on 10 fleet Intrepids. You have to figure the typical Charger R/T goes for $32,000, $9,000 more than an SE. The Hemi is cheaper to build than the 3.5L, and the rest of the R/Ts goodies don't come close to offsetting the price differential.

If police departments take to the Charger, that would help quite a bit. There are a lot of departments put off by the exploding Crown Vics that are desparate to find something better than an Intrepid (flaming brakes) or Impala.
Hey Dutch, some good info there.

But I think you are the only one here who doesn't have oldschool on ignore.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is definately something I don't understand. Why would we (charger owners) care if they sold only 1,000 cars a month? I don't know about you but when the 300 came out i thought it was a beautiful car, but since the market has been flooded with them they've lost stock in my opinion. I see at least 10 a day. I went to Las Vegas, and they were taxi's, not too flattering for the 300. If Dodge stopped selling the Charger right now I would be happy, because that means not everyone and their mother will be behind the wheel of one like the Mustang, or the 300.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I would have to agree with both "BulletT00th" and "Dutch" - unfortunately I/we can't have it both ways.

- The thought has crossed my mind several times since buying the Charger -that thought being, "I hope that I don't end up seeing 50 Chargers a day - of which a majority of those 50 have owners that don't really appreciate the car"

Then on the other-hand, from the performance upgrades and other parts, the more sold, would result in a greater availability of "Stuff" to buy (and maybe at better prices). But, hey I'm not sure how If I will be (or want) to do too much with the V6. Though, I would like to get a True Dual exhaust setup.

- I'm really glad that others have noted and realized that the "SE" is a great value (In my book it beats any other manufacturers "Great Value" car).

Brian T.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dutch said:
One way to look at it is that more sales will equate to a larger aftermarket.
Aftermarket parts are always a good thing, however if I were to see 10 Chargers a day on my 20 mile trip to work i have to say i wouldn't enjoy that. I've heard many people that are proud of the "thumbs up", and all the looks they get when they're driving their Charger; this is something that is long gone when it comes to the 300. I'm not sure how many Dodge needs to sell to get to the point where we can get affordable aftermarket parts, but i would hope that it's no where near the amount the 300's have sold

·
Registered
203 Posts
I agree. I really hope it doesnt' become a dime a dozen car like the pusstang. Still only seen a couple others around.
Haven't seen much marketing on tv or paper, maybe just me. Maybe they're waiting to step up production?
I love this car!

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Guys, sorry to tell you, but unless you get a Daytona or SRT, you are going to be seeing yourself a lot.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My take on this is simple... The 300 and the Magnum hit the market well before the Charger, both are very nice attactive cars. I believe a huge amount of potential Charger buyers had already bit/purchased either a 300 or Magnum and are now stuck with that decision. I work with a Magnum owner that drools over the Charger and wishes SHE would have waited a couple months. Everytime I see a 300 owner, they seem to trun away from me or speed up to get away from me in traffic... wierd...! Anyway the bottom line is the Charger numbers are up, the Magnum numbers are down showing the early trend... The Charger is a winner!! Just hit hard by being the 3rd car in the LX group to be released... I expect this to change in coming months...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts