Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Taking the air sliencer out has been a pretty common mod for years. Don't know that it does much, but most report that you get a little more sound. Over the years, some 5.7s have come through without them from the factory, so if you take yours out, there's no need to replace it with anything else.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
You should leave the side shield (attachment 300694) on the car- it helps channel air to the radiator that is needed for cooling. By all means remove the lower duct, it is just there to make the intake quieter. The worst part about it is that it scoops water up into the intake if you drive through deep water and will help hydro lock the engine (ruin it). I removed the lower duct from both my 2016's.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Toy Automotive exterior Font Auto part Wood
Yes the SRT and scat pack come with this shield and the Rt come whit defferent shield

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This for the RT it is defferent so i think why they don't come whit lower duct becuase the shield iss are defferent
Gun barrel Automotive exterior Gun accessory Personal protective equipment Font

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
The shield is there to keep air from the grille going into the radiator and not the wheel well. The shield for the Scat Pack and SRT are different because the bumper and brake ducting are different, there is no need for you to change the one on your car. Just take the snorkel off and enjoy ! (you have to remove the liner to get to it). Pics are of mine removed:

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today I visited Mopar and asked the engineer. He told me the reason for its presence is to suction the cold air, and if I removed it, the bulb would draw hot air, and this affects the performance.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
If you don't have heavy rains that flood streets and avoid wadis, I wouldn't be too concerned overall.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Today I visited Mopar and asked the engineer. He told me the reason for its presence is to suction the cold air, and if I removed it, the bulb would draw hot air, and this affects the performance.
If he was talking about the shield, then yes, he is right. If he was talking about the snorkel he was full of shite. The airbox draws the same air from the wheel well if the snorkel is on or off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes i think he don't know what he is talking about and i'm goind to take this shit off

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Today I removed it from the car and noticed a rise in the temperature of the engine oil and the temperature of the gear oil, what is the reason?

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,281 Posts
Probably the way the air is being directed, put it back on.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
That side shield is there to act as a funnel, keeping the airflow directed through the radiator and coolers (oil and transmission). Removing it allowed the air to escape without passing through them as it should.

I can't see the first image you posted, so I'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish by removing it.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I did not remove the shield i just remove the air duct
That should have had ZERO effect on anything other than a bit more sound from the intake when you step on it, I do not see how it could have affected your oil temps... was it a lot hotter outside today than it has been previously?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No it is the same the weather ! also the temp of coolant raise up a little

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
now it back normal and the winter will come in my country i will leave it when summer come back i will see

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,281 Posts
Either way it's fun to fool around. Keep us in the loop man.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts