Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Charger Review on Speed TV at 2 am!!!!

Speed TV is re-airing the Charger review tonight at 2:00 AM Eastern time. I think some of you saw it when it originally aired about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is it me or did that red R/T have 5% tint all the way around, even on the windshield?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I saw a review on it from Speed TV.

I'm still unimpressed. It was on the verge of hilarious when they had it on the Nascar track going around the banked oval since it LOOKED SO OUT OF PLACE THERE!!

Now if they had driven up to a walmart parking lot and done the review there, it would have been much more appropriate.

·
Registered
743 Posts
FastbackJon said:

I'm still unimpressed. It was on the verge of hilarious when they had it on the Nascar track going around the banked oval since it LOOKED SO OUT OF PLACE THERE!!
Aww, old car geeks with the new charger vendetta seems to be grabbing at straws...
drive one! and tell us how you don't like it, otherwise stfu.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well said!

I love them both!

·
Registered
79 Posts
RadarmagneT said:
Aww, old car geeks with the new charger vendetta seems to be grabbing at straws...
drive one! and tell us how you don't like it, otherwise stfu.

I think what it really is.. That his poor ******* ass can't afford such a quality car.. He was hoping they woudl produce a POS that he could hope to buy..:p

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
FastbackJon said:

Now if they had driven up to a walmart parking lot and done the review there, it would have been much more appropriate.
A Wal-Mart parking lot would also be an appropriate setting for a review of a '60s Charger if it was parked there for three days while awaiting parts and left an oil slick from a leaky rear main and valve cover gaskets. How's your ammeter and your bulkhead connection wiring holding up?

·
Banned
35 Posts
FastbackJon said:

true that, grocery getter

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Shocker, you agree with the other useless, lame troll. I'm surprised.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I saw the review also, I was hoping they would have talked more about the performance of the Charger, instead of the people assisting Kendall. Personally I thought it was lame, nothing like the GTO test drive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
vsop said:
I think what it really is.. That his poor ******* ass can't afford such a quality car.. He was hoping they woudl produce a POS that he could hope to buy..:p

well your a ****ing idiot. you fail to realize he owns THREE dodge chargers. a 66, 67, and a 68. and depending on the condition of the three they could be worth upwards of $100,000. so i think he would be able to buy a new magnum sedan considering it costs a quarter of what his chargers are worth.

Dutch said:
A Wal-Mart parking lot would also be an appropriate setting for a review of a '60s Charger if it was parked there for three days while awaiting parts and left an oil slick from a leaky rear main and valve cover gaskets. How's your ammeter and your bulkhead connection wiring holding up?

as for you, how about you stop bashing the old chargers? if it werent for them your magnum sedan would have never existed. your just sorry that your damn "charger" is no where near as awesome as the originals.

well i hope you guys have fun driving to the grocery store and back rather then tearing it up at some drag strip somewhere like the charger should be doing...

·
Registered
28 Posts
joedotts said:
as for you, how about you stop bashing the old chargers?
I doubt any of the members here are going onto the old Charger forums and bashing the car.

Maybe you should show the same respect.

·
Registered
79 Posts
joedotts said:
well your a ****ing idiot. you fail to realize he owns THREE dodge chargers. a 66, 67, and a 68. and depending on the condition of the three they could be worth upwards of $100,000. so i think he would be able to buy a new magnum sedan considering it costs a quarter of what his chargers are worth.

well i hope you guys have fun driving to the grocery store and back rather then tearing it up at some drag strip somewhere like the charger should be doing...
Depending on the condition.. well since he feels the need to come onto a board about the new chargers and bash them I would say they probably have holes rusted through them and are up on blocks infront of his trailer park..

As for the magnum sedan comment, well the sad fact is that there are plenty of guys that will have the charger running 11's and better in the 1/4th while still having a comfortable ride, while you have to deal with your old wiring, bondoed body panels and outdated electronics, not to mention a carb.

As for grocery getting.. I have my XC90 for that, and had an H2 for cruising up until 2 weeks ago

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Guys as a favor to me, please do NOT continue talking to joedotts. It's pointless and non-productive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The obvious answer to anyone calling the new Charger a "Magnum Sedan" (which it isn't) is to remind them that the original Charger was a Coronet Fastback.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Ceth Eslick said:
The obvious answer to anyone calling the new Charger a "Magnum Sedan" (which it isn't) is to remind them that the original Charger was a Coronet Fastback.
Nice try for a first post Ceth, but I for one hope that folks here respect the history and legacy of the name sake. Stooping to their level is just not dignified. As for folks like joedott and others who have recently posted attacks on the new Charger, they are just sad people who cannot see past their own small world of "my car is better than yours" and seem to think that buying cars with performance means you buy them strictly to spend evenings at the track burning rubber and competing against the other guy.

Would I take my Daytona to the track once I get it? Sure I have thought about that, but not so I can puff up my chest and strut around thinking I have the baddest machine every to grace the track. No, I would only be there to see what it could do. If I win, I win, if I don't, so f***ing what. My life doesn't revolve around how fast a 1/4 mile my car can do and tweeking every ounce of speed out of it. If I was going to do that, hell, I'd go buy a beater car, buy a big engine, weld in a roll-bar, strip the guts out of it and make a true drag car. Now that would be fun.

My Daytona will be a daily driver which I will wash and polish to make it shine and be "purdy". Then take it out for an evening drive around town with the wind in my hair and the radio humming.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts