Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so while I am sitting here paintently waiting for my Daytona, I am thinking that it might be a good idea for me to rent a Charger for a weekend....

Anyone know who would carry them? I have always gone through Enterprise for renting trucks when my AV was in for work... but they do not have any Chargers or magnums... they have 1 300 Touring, however they want almost 80 bucks a day for it... figure the Charger or magnum I should be able to find for half that...

So... anyone know what rental company would be the best bet?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Where are you? I know I'll be in the Pensacola/Eglin area of FL the first week of Aug and was thinking of renting one myself:) Great minds and all that:)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am just outside of Phoenix, Arizona...

·
Registered
225 Posts
I was at a job site today and there was a Silver Charger with the V6 in the parking lot...I took a closer look and it looked like it was from Hertz Rent-A-Car, but I could be wrong...I'm from Rochester, NY.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Can you come up to Vegas for a weekend? :whistle:

But then again, it wouldn't be "yours" for the weekend like a rental...

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Won't the rental fleets all be the smaller V6 (not even the 3.5L but the smaller 2.7L 190hp)? Or is that just for "people" company fleets (like a company buying company cars for employee use)?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dutch said:
Thrifty rents Mopars.
been there, all six-bangers :sick:

One of my friends works for enterprise on northern va...says they have a silver R/T at a near by store

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thrifty and Dollar rents the 3.5 SXT here in Miami. The ones they carry have leather interior and the 18" R/T wheels.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
The one report I have local is Enterprise also. They are all going to be V6s, but it would be cool just to get to play with everything else. As far as finding out who, best bet is to just stop by and ask. Websites might not be up to date, and on the phone, they are not worried about what kind of car.

In person, people care more about making you happy.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Where are you? I know I'll be in the Pensacola/Eglin area of FL the first week of Aug and was thinking of renting one myself:) Great minds and all that:)
I'll be in that area, too, the first two weeks in Aug. Specifically, I'll be out at Hurlbert Field.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Same here, if your an aviation type, we might even run into each other. PM sent:)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Darnit, down there I've just called

Hertz
Budget
Avis
Enterprise

No joy, with the Budget guy saying he hasn't even seen one at all yet, let alone for rent:)

whos left of the big boys?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
My dealership does alot of the enterprise rac fleet vehicles for delivery, they just got their first charger...a 2.7 fleet dog, just think, these will be program cars next year...

·
Registered
245 Posts
I guy I work with said that he saw one in a parking lot with an Enterprise sticker on the back. That's here in Cincinnati.
I personally haven't seen 1 Charger on the road yet.

(I'm hoping that my Daytona will be the first one in town, but I don't think that will happen)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts