Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo, forum folks!

After much deliberation, I broke down and went with Michelin Primacy MXV4's (for my stock 18's). Got absolutely robbed @ $186.99 a pop (Mr. Tire, Frederick, Maryland), but I didn't feel like waiting. Free installation, balancing, rotations for life, insurance, etc., etc.

What is it with nobody having 225/60/18's in stock!?! Nobody around here had them. The parts manager at my car dealership joked about "that damn Charger tire size" when I asked.. I read an earlier thread (here) on all your other selections, Pirelli's, Eagles, even BF Goodrich 245's or soemthing.

I started off into this a week ago, spent an hour at TireRack and a bunch of time here...

I wanted the new Toyo Versado LX's but only one shop (Radial Tire in Silver Spring) in Maryland had them. Folks around Fredneck looked at me like I was speaking Chinese when I asked for Toyo. One dude told me that Toyo must be some kind of "West Coast Cult Thing"........ Eh heh...

Sam's club only carries their custom Goodyear Assurance and Dunflop versions, they wanted 10 days to order though. Be careful with those--price is great ($124) but they're supposedly sized differently than other tires of the same name. You're not supposed to buy Sam's Club Goodyear and mix it with other (regular) Goodyear, supposedly.

Ahh well, my Conti's are about to pop (got 31k out of them, they're balled worse than Britney)--my baby's coming this weekend and I can't have no blow-outs on the way to the hospital... When I trade in for my Challenger SRT I'll have a tire plan in advance.

I'll let you know how these Granny Ass Michelin's do. Just wanted to thank y'all for the recommendations....

rasterman

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
lol that was an awesome post. i laughed like 4 times! i'm sorry u had such a hard time gettin new tires! i'm only at 13k and i was looking at my conti's yesterday thinking its almost time for some new ones. i guess i should start looking now! thanks for the heads up. and welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
lol that was an awesome post. i laughed like 4 times! i'm sorry u had such a hard time gettin new tires! i'm only at 13k and i was looking at my conti's yesterday thinking its almost time for some new ones. i guess i should start looking now! thanks for the heads up. and welcome to the forum!!
Don't get them granny ass Michelins! I replaced my OEM (235/55R18s with 255/55ZR18 Goodyear F1 GS-D3s, and I'm loving them! I would have purchased 245/50ZR18s but there were only 3 left at the warehouse in Canada! What the f**k am I going to do with 3??? HaHa! The 255/55 size is an SUV sized tire...and they're reinforced, so the sidewalls are extra stiff, and they corner VERY well. I ended up getting 17,000 miles out of my Michelin HX MXM4 scraps before I replaced them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts