Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Charger R/T 5.7 and im realizing that the range on full tank is 200 miles. I’ve seen others with 250-300miles on full tank. I put 89 octane gas from usually Shell or Exxon. Should i contact my dealership or is this normal?

·
Registered
143 Posts
The fuel range is based on present mileage, only way your range is that low is a) driving like a nascar driver, or b) driving on the streets like a nascar driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, the Hemi fuel consumption is very dependent on driving style. I get around 17 to 18 mpg around town, although if I succumb to temptation and get heavy on the throttle, it drops below this. But on the highway or freeway with cruise on I too can get 28mpg or even higher - and then the range on a full tank can show over 400 miles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, the Hemi fuel consumption is very dependent on driving style. I get around 17 to 18 mpg around town, although if I succumb to temptation and get heavy on the throttle, it drops below this. But on the highway or freeway with cruise on I too can get 28mpg or even higher - and then the range on a full tank can show over 400 miles.
Alright, ill try relaxin a bit

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I'll agree with some of the other posters. On the highway with my 6.4L, I get anywhere between 22-28mpg depending on traffic and how many times I use a heavy foot. That implies a range closer to about 400+ miles.

Best,

·
Registered
461 Posts
Oh damn that makes alot more sense
I get like 11.2mpg so 😖

I can sit in park with my foot on the gas for an hour and not get that bad mileage in the 392. Sure, I over exaggerated a bit saying that, but I seriously do not get that bad mileage in a Jeep Wrangler going uphill in a headwind with my foot planted all the way to the floor.

Sounds like you have a lot of fun though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yup when i first got the car i'm pretty sure i would drive like you lol i was just in love with the car would get like 10 mpg and a full tank was 180 miles range lmao I've gotten used to the car and my max MPG was 19 with a 340 mile range when i went up to palmdale.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Wow! I don't think I've ever seen anything lower than 20 on mine.I drove it to Phoenix last month and saw briefly 35, but that was after coasting downhill a good long ways just north of Phoenix on I-17. It mostly stayed between 24 and 28 the whole two weeks I was on the road. Since I've been back home for a while I see it's dropped back down to 21. I burn regular unleaded 87.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow! I don't think I've ever seen anything lower than 20 on mine.I drove it to Phoenix last month and saw briefly 35, but that was after coasting downhill a good long ways just north of Phoenix on I-17. It mostly stayed between 24 and 28 the whole two weeks I was on the road. Since I've been back home for a while I see it's dropped back down to 21. I burn regular unleaded 87.
I mainly do city driving, so lots of pulls from traffic lights etc.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
I have always found the in car mpg systems to be generous. Using the miles traveled divided by gallons used formula, I am averaging 22 mpg with a 50/50 city/hwy mix. I drive it pretty conservatively, with an occasional full throttle 0-60 blast to keep the carbon off of the valves lol!

Don

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2019 Charger R/T 5.7 and im realizing that the range on full tank is 200 miles. I’ve seen others with 250-300miles on full tank. I put 89 octane gas from usually Shell or Exxon. Should i contact my dealership or is this normal?
I have an 18 Daytona 5.7 and hwy I get 23-4 about 390 a tank. In town depending on my lead foot I get 11 to 12 mpg and drops to 230/250. Make sure you aren't set on sport all the time, even on default you will skin most cars who think they are fast.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have found my 2010 Charger R/T (5.7 Hemi) driving range changes based on how my right foot behaves. The worse MPG I have ever experienced was around 16 MPG (all city) and the best being 28 MPG (all highway at night). My average range is about 330-miles.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts