Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an article on the Charger R/T in this month's "Popular Hot Rodding" magazine titled "Dual Personality" they tested both the standard R/T and one with the RT package. They said that they could not tell a difference in the performance between the two. The cars were tested hard (flogged) braking, cornering, drifting....etc. An interesting article for sure.

·
Registered
331 Posts
After checking four different news stands, I finally found a place that carried this magazine. Unfortunately, the article on the Charger was nowhere to be found. I was looking at the September issue, and I'm assuming the article was in the August issue. That sucks. :sad:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am currently at work, so I do not have access to the magazine. I did check online and it is in this month's issue currently on newstands which I believe is September. The article is in the Special Features section.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/toc/phr_toc/

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ten horsepower is not much difference. Larger sway bars will only show up technical data; I doubt I could/will feel the difference. It's what the whole package gives you for the money.

There was a Speed Channel 'test drive' show (more of a 30 minute entertainment advertisement) that featured the Daytona with a regular R/T at the drag strip. It was not an 'official' run, but the Daytona beat the other by about a car's length. That is a trivial difference, unless money is on the line!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1RTw/RT4ME said:
Ten horsepower is not much difference. Larger sway bars will only show up technical data; I doubt I could/will feel the difference. It's what the whole package gives you for the money.

There was a Speed Channel 'test drive' show (more of a 30 minute entertainment advertisement) that featured the Daytona with a regular R/T at the drag strip. It was not an 'official' run, but the Daytona beat the other by about a car's length. That is a trivial difference, unless money is on the line!
I agree, and I like the seats for the RTPP........also, the article is in the October issue...

·
Registered
49 Posts
1RTw/RT4ME said:

That "test drive" is a paid advertisment show. DC would never ok it if they didn't show the Daytona in front. Even if the R/T driver had to let off the gas.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE!!!!

DOES EVERYBODY HAVE OLDSCHOOL ON IGNORE?

IF YOU DON'T YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TIME.

·
Registered
608 Posts
DirtyOM said:
THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE!!!!

DOES EVERYBODY HAVE OLDSCHOOL ON IGNORE?

IF YOU DON'T YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TIME.
oh yeah :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oldschool said:
That "test drive" is a paid advertisment show. DC would never ok it if they didn't show the Daytona in front. Even if the R/T driver had to let off the gas.

wasn't exactly any type of race you could put any stock into in the first place: two guys joking around and lots of wheelspin......freaking adam corolla was one of the drivers for pete's sake....

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
to jump and put my word in on this...the r/t with an aftermarket exhaust would easily tie the daytona.....but she isn't as "purdy" as the daytona.

i want to see the seats in person...everyone keeps talking about them...on the website they just don't seem to do it for me...need living proof...anyone for a drive to louisiana to show me?

·
Registered
331 Posts
GoDaddy said:
I want to see the seats in person...everyone keeps talking about them...on the website they just don't seem to do it for me...
I sat in a 300C SRT-8 yesterday (awesome car). I assume the seats are very similar to the ones that come in the Daytona and the R/T Road/Track. I liked them, but I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. The suede inserts are very nice, but the huge side bolsters may be overkill for my purposes. I'm really going to have to test drive a car with the upgraded seats before I can make a final decision.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
that is what throws me off on the pics...those side bolsters just too much for me..i am a fairly big guy and don't want to be squeezed to tight....anyone have 'em and what do you think?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the regular seats in my R/T and love'em. I've sat in the Daytona (one came in and was sold same day, but I had the chance to sit in it). The PP seats will hold you better during cornering, but for overall comfort, I would have to say the reg seats. Besides, if anyone has a larger upper body (decent lat spread etc) then the Daytona seats are probably too bolstered, at least for my liking. To prevent too much slippage though there is very little anyway, you can get a special leather conditioner that will be dry and not sticky to the hands, yet will prevent you from sliding around when cornering, etc. I'll see if I can get the name of the stuff. I used it on my other car, (VW Jetta) and it worked great.
Hope this helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts