Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up everyone i just joined this a couple mins ago and i have a couple questions . i just turned 19 the 17th of this month and recieved the best present ever! my brand new charger rt! im looking into getting flowmaster done to it tomorrow! any suggestions!? it comes with a lifetime warranty on the motor ,transmision and rear end im tryng not to void it! :/?????

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
welcome aboard! and slow down a little bit. do some research first on the exhaust that best fits your needs and taste. theres alot of info in here and pics with sound clips of all types of exhaust systems. so relax-search around abit and learn about whats out there for your new ride.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
X2 what he said. Welcome aboard and not only love that R/T, but respect it. You are one lucky young man..........................

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey bro, congrats on the new charger. Luckily I was able to finance my own Charger at 19. It would have been nice as a present though.

Anyway, I'm 21 now and have learned a lot through these forums. You might want to sit back and look through all of the posts until you make any big mods to your new baby. These gentlemen are very skilled and experienced with these machines of ours. Take their advice. If you have any questions, fire away!

By the way, the flowmasters aren't a popular choice among the charger community from what I've seen.

Enjoy the R/T!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
hey welcome to the forums. definitely check out the link charginscott sent you. if you find an exhaust that you are interested in then use the search feature and you can find a write up about pretty much anything. i would agree with what the others said about taking your time and not rushing into buying anything. if you are planning on just replacing the suitecase muffler with flows, and leaving the resos the sound will not be a whole lot different than stock. if you are deleting the resos then that is a whole different story. personally i'd suggest going with a cat back system. there are a TON of choices tho so just read up

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey there, welcome to the forums. I have the flowmaster set up with a twist. I bought the kit but had them send me the original 40's instead of the super 40's that normally come with it. So far i love the setup. Quiet w/ slight low tone while idleing and a nice growl around town, but at WOT she has a down right mean tone. Add to that an intake system and some headers and it got even better.

If you haven't already check out the soundclips sight, do that. You can hear many different setups, i think almost all setups sound pretty good.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Welcome to the forums. As the others said, do the reseach, you may in fact find something better that what you previously requested.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I just had my flowmaster cat back put in last weekend and even though i only have a few hundred miles since, it sounds pretty good. They said give it 8 or 900 before it starts sounding better. Good luck on the mods and have fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts