Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, what did all those who bought the Charger emblem, and R/T emblem with the two pointy pins on each emblem do to install them on the Datona grill insert? How do I put them on? Thanks everyone.

jweland

·
Registered
369 Posts
Don't know...I just ordered the R/T badge that clips on.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a bit frustrating. I've looked at several previous posts, and I can't figure out of I'm suposed to bend the clips or clue the emblems on. Please help! :cry:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Call the dealer and find out. probably the badge will have to be glued. I'm trying to get one but it seems no one tells where they get them.

·
Registered
690 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
I meant to say I purchased an R/T red badge at Leeparts

·
Registered
185 Posts
If the pins go through put a washer (paint black) on it and go to a hardware store and find the right wing nuts that fit it and run them down with your hand only, they're what my Dad used to call "pot metal", won't take much torque. When your done you know they won't fall off, thats how I held my Bee on and it weighs more than the script badges.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I ordered the "Dodge Charger R/T Grille Emblem" from www.leeparts.com and it had clips on the back of it that were specifically designed to fit on the honey comb Daytona grille. It just snapped into place. If you are adding it to a different grille, you will probably have to modify it or buy the red R/T badge for the back deck lid on the Daytona that has adhesive backing to stick it where you want it.

Tom.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
dco397 said:
I ordered the "Dodge Charger R/T Grille Emblem" from www.leeparts.com and it had clips on the back of it that were specifically designed to fit on the honey comb Daytona grille. It just snapped into place. If you are adding it to a different grille, you will probably have to modify it or buy the red R/T badge for the back deck lid on the Daytona that has adhesive backing to stick it where you want it.
Exactly, Tom. If you have the clips on the back (LARGE R/T Style) then they are meant to be fitted to the honeycomb.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I am thinking of going with a billet style grill. I wonder if the Lee's RT emblem can stick on this type of grill? THe clips may get in the way.
- d

·
Registered
1,792 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
jweland said:
Hey, what did all those who bought the Charger emblem, and R/T emblem with the two pointy pins on each emblem do to install them on the Datona grill insert? How do I put them on? Thanks everyone.

jweland

I bought two 1969 Superbee Emblems for my R/T. One is mounted on the trunk lid in place of the R/T emblem. For that one I broke the two pins off and used moulding tape, worked real nice. As for the front, I have an SRT8 Honeycomb Grill. I made myself a plastic bracket with two holes that match the pins on the emblem, stuck the emblem through two of the exixting honeycomb hole put the bracke on the back and epoxyed it in place. Also worked real good, doesn't move, has a real snug fit.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think you actually bought the R/T badge that bolts to the truck (next to the right rear taillight). The R/T emblem up front comes with clips (as others mentioned). Two different parts.

·
Registered
52 Posts
OK, try not to laugh too hard--I mounted mine on the stock grill as follows: I used a combo of 3m tape and a very small black wire tie threaded between the R and T and around the grill fin Would not know it was there if I did not point it out--works pretty good so far...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts