Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried a couple of times to test my 0-60time with the new flowmasters exhaust and I have to say I' kinda disappointed... I've tried with both a 1500 rpm launch and a standing start...i guess the traction control kicks in and takes away all the fun, slowing the car down specially in the 0-20mph section.. I've read in other posts 0-60time to be around 5.x sec but I guess I'm at least a second slower.
Mods so far: 93oct. predator tune, K&N CAI, BT catch can, 170F T-stat, flowmasters exhaust..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AL-Rgr1X80
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNCm1OOwyx0
:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
have you turned off your esp, that will hold you back if it is on, i run a 5.52 which is real good i think but only got it once. drive about 15 and turn your key to on for a few seconds and the esp will light up it will be off. then when you turn your key off it will go back to working.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I have run constant 5.1-5.3 before heads and cam..Do you have a predator, if not, go that route, this will help with the performance of the car!!

oooppps, I see you have a predator, and are in Italy, gas may be a problem....Don't know from there..

·
Registered
424 Posts
I got a 5.18 once. Cold day, Predator 93 CAI tune, near empty tank and just the right amount of wheel slip.

I'm regularly doing 5.4 - 5.5 now in the heat of the summer. I actually think it is a little slower 0-60 since I added the Corsa Catback system. While there may be more power, it seems like the torque sweet spot has moved up the RPM curve.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
I've got an '07 R/T with an Airaid CAI, 85MM ported throttle body, Predator with 91 cai tune, and a Daytona Exhaust. This summer I've been running 5.4-5.6 on average with a good launch. A couple of times this past winter I hit 5.18.

You've got to turn off the traction control, via the button on the dash is fine. The chirp, and the bog in your videos sound like the traction control kicking in. I brake torque mine up to about 1,400rpms or so. Then I jump off the brake, get about half way into the gas right away, and slowly go to full throttle, so that I have it all way down by 25 or so mph. If I just floor it right away, I'll just spin.

With the above method I get a small amount of wheel spin for a second, maybe 2, which keeps the motor from bogging down. If you feel the car slip sideways much, you are spinning them too much on the launch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, I figured out it was the ESP, will switch it off and try again soon...gas is not a problem, the normal unleaded is 95 octans, the premium is 98... thanks for the advice

·
Registered
934 Posts
4.7 with JBA headers and full exhaust, pred, K&N. no clue now with sidewinder, p/p heads, p/p throttle body, pulley, AFE II, CMR....thinking 4.0-4.1

·
Registered
431 Posts
I've been around mid-5's every time I go out and that's on my 3 year old, stock tires with about a tenth of an inch of tread left. I gaurentee you can make some quicker times, my friend.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
My best so far is 5.12, but I'll usually go anywhere from 5.15-5.2, but then again I've got 285's on the rear, so I've got a bit more traction. Otherwise all I've got is a CMR tune, Mopar Intake and custom exhaust (289hp/354tq)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have an 09 R/T and got 5.46-5.55 pretty consistantly. Bone stock, 3k miles. Best times are with ESP "ON". Go figure. The wheels break loose to easily with out at WOT. Im waiting for a nice cool day to see if I can do better.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
it seems to be shifting too soon... plus it doesn't seem to be pulling very hard down low... did you try the 91oct tune?

·
Registered
200 Posts
my fastest is 5.4 never tried it on a cold day well never gets cold down here

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it seems to be shifting too soon... plus it doesn't seem to be pulling very hard down low... did you try the 91oct tune?
I'll try the 91 when I have the chance...If I remember correctly I set the shifting RPM stock while the limiter is set at 6000 rpm... it seemed useless to keep pushing above 5500.. I should do some logging to check on the knock and the retard... what PIDs should I log exactly?

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Interesting thread ...... :)

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Glad to see u have figure some of it out! How much is gas a litre in Italy, BTW?!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I guess I should feel good about my car then. 93 Predator non-cai tune, SRT8 catback, 5.32 best. Average seems to be 5.40 area. ESP off, no footbraking, just smashing it off the line.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glad to see u have figure some of it out! How much is gas a litre in Italy, BTW?!
1.2/1.3 euros/litre, not bad, huh?? last year it went as high as 1.5 when the oil reached 140$/barrel..now it's pretty good, I fill up the tank with 60/70 euros, about 90bucks!!

I'll try the 91oct tune and see if I get any improvement... I had a couple of close encounters with a 9114S and a maserati and the performance gap is quite evident... don't feel like spending 4K on a supercharger :banana: when price drops I could consider a challenger SRT8... :rocker:

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
1.2/1.3 euros/litre, not bad, huh?? last year it went as high as 1.5 when the oil reached 140$/barrel..now it's pretty good, I fill up the tank with 60/70 euros, about 90bucks!!

I'll try the 91oct tune and see if I get any improvement... I had a couple of close encounters with a 9114S and a maserati and the performance gap is quite evident... don't feel like spending 4K on a supercharger :banana: when price drops I could consider a challenger SRT8... :rocker:
Not as bad as I thought, I figured the higher octane and being in Europe it would be around $3 a litre. I was told the 91 oct tune is the best. An SRT Chally would be sweet especially with the 6-speed and some mods!:rocker:

·
Registered
122 Posts
0-60 time

I'm a little disappointed in my time. I had a lot of wheel spin.

:biggrinjester:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts