Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I wanted to know how can i make my 06 charger r/t do a really good burnout?Also I've been using the brake gas technique(holding the brake and giving it gas),will this mess up my transmission?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Well...

There are numerous discussions about burning out/smoke shows on this forum. I know for myself and many others, you go to autostick mode 1st gear, push the ESP Off button above the radio so the Squiggles light comes on and use your powerbrake technique.

I have not heard of anyone harming their car yet, and some folks here really cook off alot of rubber. If anything, I would think the rear discs would get pretty hot on a longer burnout, due to the high rate of spin while brakes applied.

It could be a little harder on your car not to mention harder to do if you are on some real gritty asphalt.

If you plan on driving like a teenager again, use this technique to disable all the traction control and stability systems....

esp/bas disable with the turn of the key

Maybe some of the "Smokey-er" members can enlighten you as well. :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hi,

I wanted to know how can i make my 06 charger r/t do a really good burnout?Also I've been using the brake gas technique(holding the brake and giving it gas),will this mess up my transmission?

You know the roads that have alot of tar on top so that they're really shiney?

Make sure no cops are around....and perhaps other cars as well to be honest. Then make sure ESP is off, hold the brake....then give her a good punch of gas.....your car should be burning rubber around 2K rpm or so.

·
Registered
205 Posts
It did come out right and he is correct except that since the original poster has an 06 chances are good it won't work. It works great on my 07 R/T.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
There are numerous discussions about burning out/smoke shows on this forum. I know for myself and many others, you go to autostick mode 1st gear, push the ESP Off button above the radio so the Squiggles light comes on and use your powerbrake technique.

I have not heard of anyone harming their car yet, and some folks here really cook off alot of rubber. If anything, I would think the rear discs would get pretty hot on a longer burnout, due to the high rate of spin while brakes applied.

It could be a little harder on your car not to mention harder to do if you are on some real gritty asphalt.

If you plan on driving like a teenager again, use this technique to disable all the traction control and stability systems....

esp/bas disable with the turn of the key

Maybe some of the "Smokey-er" members can enlighten you as well. :)
Can't imagine wanting to burn off those high priced tires. I enjoy seeing it but money is to hard to come by here in South Georgia to burn that rubber like that :)

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Keep the rpms below 3000 and lightly hold the brake pedal...let the car move a little...if you go above 3000rpm the computer will shift the tranny....GET THE NOESP mod...it will help

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
The noesp mod by turning the key while driving doesnt work on 07s....supposedly you have to press and hold the esp off button for over 10 seconds until it disappears

·
Registered
46 Posts
yes it did :knockout:
Okay - i'm a little slow. So when you first start up the car you need to hold the key over for a few seconds until you hear something? Doesn't that screw up all kinds of "stuff" <technical term>

??

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
here's my pathetic burnout, when compared to the ones above

1 - 19 of 19 Posts