Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just starting to look at 20" wheels and tires to put on a 2010 Charger R/T All Wheel Drive AWD. After reading some threads my understanding is because of the offset for the AWD Charger only the 20" wheel selection is limited.

What 20" wheels did you choose for your AWD Charger and where did you buy them? Do you have any pictures of the new wheels on your car?

Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I am just starting to look at 20" wheels and tires to put on a 2010 Charger R/T All Wheel Drive AWD. After reading some threads my understanding is because of the offset for the AWD Charger only the 20" wheel selection is limited.

What 20" wheels did you choose for your AWD Charger and where did you buy them? Do you have any pictures of the new wheels on your car?

Thanks, Rob

Hi and welcome to the forums ... I chose the ASA JH8 20x8 wheels which I recently sold to another forum member ... they have a 50mm offset, and most aftermarket rims for the AWD Charger will use an offset in the 38-50mm range, whereas the RWD cars use 12-20mm offsets, and the SRT8's use a factory offset of 25.5mm

I'm currently using stock 18's but I hope to have a set of Factory Reproductions 20" replicas of the Charger SRT8 06-07 wheels ... Factory Rep can be found on eBay or lxforums ...

Also, check out the "my mods" link in my sig, scroll down a little and you'll see a bunch of rims photo-chopped onto my car, something I did with rims that were found to actually fit my car.

Hope I helped :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Gabe!

What size tires should I go with and how does going from an 18" to a 20" affect the accuracy of the speedometer?

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Thanks for the info Gabe!

What size tires should I go with and how does going from an 18" to a 20" affect the accuracy of the speedometer?
I went with 255/45R20 which is 29" tall VS. the OEM 225/60R18 tires which are 28.6" tall ... resetting the tire size with the Diablo tuner was a breeze :)

Without a tuner, I'd say the speed will probably be off about 2-3mph at about 60.

The OEM size (optional on the RWD R/T and standard on SRT8) of 245/45R20 is the same 28.6" tall as the 225/60R18's so using that size wouldn't do anything to the speedo's accuracy :bigthumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts