Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I planning on ordering a charger next week, and I have a some of questions.

A local dealer told me 3-4 months to order one, while a different one said 4-6 weeks. The one that said 4-6 weeks promised that time frame, while the other seemed more inclined to sell me a 300C. So which is it?

I plan on getting a magnesium pearl R/T fully loaded (minus the smoker option and DVD entertainment package). I also just saw in the book something about a Road and Track package (350hp/390Tq).... anyone know the costs or if its available yet. Remember I will be ordering the car.

Is there anything else I should know about the car? And are they still selling for sticker?

Thanks.
edward

·
Registered
153 Posts
I ordered an R/T without the R&T package on 5/31, at which time my dealer told me he "hoped" it would come in by the end of June, but couldn't promise. I bought for about $1900 below sticker, but others haven't been so lucky depending on geography, the dealer's disposition during the deal, the buyer's negotiating skills, etc. I got a dealer at the end of the month who had a small number of initial Charger allocations, I think those things helped me out.

The R&T package adds $1600ish and will likely add to the delay in getting your car because the R&T option is rumored to have just started production, and there are orders ahead of yours. Most people think it's worth it for the performance features you get, but you'll have to be happy with the black vinyl/suede seats, the lighter interior color is not an option with the R&T package. If you're cool with that, it seems like a good deal, just be prepared to wait a little while longer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ordered the Dodge Charger Daytona in the GoManGo Color, on the 07th of June. I payed 32K b4 taxes. Supposedly he says 4-6 weeks delivery and it will probably be here in 3. Now while I was price hunting on this particular vehicle I hit up about 10 dodge dealers. All of them gave me different stories on availability and when they may be coming out. The first one I went to is a high volume dealership, so I think delivery times depends on the volume they sell. They probably waste no time getting the cars to fast moving dealerships. Thats what I think at least.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The Road and Track package is $1600 but it also includes the the option that gives you heated seats, dual climate control, etc (convenience group II $955). So if you are already planning to get that package you are only paying extra $600 for 10 more HP, suspension, brakes, tires, and seats from Daytona.

The only difference between Road Track package and Daytona is the interior color stiching/center console and the spoiler, decals, paint color exterior. Also I think the Daytona gets a different muffler with less baffles for a more aggressive sound.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
plugray said:
The Road and Track package is $1600 but it also includes the the option that gives you heated seats, dual climate control, etc (convenience group II $955). So if you are already planning to get that package you are only paying extra $600 for 10 more HP, suspension, brakes, tires, and seats from Daytona.

The only difference between Road Track package and Daytona is the interior color stiching/center console and the spoiler, decals, paint color exterior. Also I think the Daytona gets a different muffler with less baffles for a more aggressive sound.
from what I have seen/heard... you are correct on all... including the muffler... According to a post from chargerjim, the R/T has 600 perfs, the Daytona has 100 Perfs... the lower the number of perfs... the louder the exhaust...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. Could someone explain what is special about the "9 land steering" and the suspension. So far I'm really liking the car... i was going to get a GTO. But changed my mind after driving a charger. And why/how do they add 10hp without changing the torque?

edward

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
AFcharger said:
Cool. Could someone explain what is special about the "9 land steering" and the suspension. So far I'm really liking the car... i was going to get a GTO. But changed my mind after driving a charger. And why/how do they add 10hp without changing the torque?

edward
Here ya go, Ed:

What is a 9-land steering gear? Chrysler's Joe Grace wrote: "The steering gear for the Charger has a nine land valve which improves steering feel by improved damping characteristics especially in aggressive cornering." Another engineer described it more thoroughly:
"Imagine a shaft that is not round, but has nine sides, and is inside a round tube. That creates 9 separate passages (between the outside flat surfaces of the shaft and the round inner surface of the tube). When the engine is running, power steering fluid enters at the base, and exits through ports in the tube's sides. When you drive straight, there is no power assist because the fluid is passed through the tube tangentially, so all the road feel from the tires come up to the steering wheel. As you enter a turn, at slower speeds, you can turn the wheel faster with less effort because the 9 sides act like a vane pump or pinwheel in a garden sprinkler; the faster the wheel turns, the more fluid passes through, and the more assist you get. In reality it's a little more complicated, but this gets the gist of it across. In my opinion, it is simply a band-aid to a poor, probably Mercedes-based design."
This is from allpar.

HTH

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help. It looks like I will be ordering a Charger R/T with the Road and Track Package plus all other options except the DVD video system. Anyone know if they are still holding back production of the protection package.

I go in next Wednesday to place the order... can't wait to get the car.

edward

·
Registered
630 Posts
AFcharger said:
Anyone know if they are still holding back production of the protection package.
I read on one of my forums that someone was able to contact DCX Service Center and was told that the Protection Package was on hold til July 1. I am going to attempt a call to the same and validate that myself. Will post what I find out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi All!
I am a marketing representative for the Dodge Information Center, and I think I might be able to shed some light on some of your questions. I was just reading through some of your posts and it sounds like you are all really into the Charger. (With good reason may I add!) I was wondering if I could join in? If you have anything you want to know on the Charger just let me know and I’ll try to get the answer for you.
Thanks,

Kris B.
Marketing Representative- Dodge Information Center
1-800-4ADodge/1-800-423-6343
[email protected]
www.Dodge.com

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Welcome Kris,

Getting so you can't swing a cat in here, what with all the Dodge Info Center guys:) Say Hi to Aliyah for us:) And the other guy, I can't recall his name, the Charger marketing head guy. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for letting me put in my two cents worth GLH. :happy: I was just passing through and noticed a question I could answer…

AFCharger, first let me tell you that I am excited for you to get your new R/T; I know you’re going to love it!
One of the things you might want to keep in mind is that as a general rule you should allow for an 8 to 10 week delivery, but because each dealership makes their own delivery arrangements it may vary from dealer to dealer. You can however, once you get your Vehicle Order Number (VON for short), track the progress with the dealer and DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center 1-800-992-1997.
The R&T performance group includes 18” Aluminum wheels with painted black accents, Dual Zone Air Controls, Heated front seats, high speed engine controller, load leveling and height control, Black side wall AS Performance tires, Performance seats, Performance Steering and Suspension, Power Adjustable pedals, and Power front seats.
The differences between this and the Daytona R/T is that the Daytona has, in addition to everything listed above, the Daytona decal and deck lid blackout, the Daytona numbered badge, the front fascia spoiler, the trunk lid spoiler, the painted Hemi engine cover, the blacked out front grill, the colored bezels and stitching as well as the High performance exhaust and Induction.
The Dodge Charger engineers tuned the intake and exhaust systems to unleash some of the HEMI engine's power on the Daytona R/T. By using a less restrictive intake system and moving to a straight-through muffler from a three-pass muffler, the tuned 5.7L HEMI gets a 10-hp boost and a wicked rumble.

If any of you have any more questions or comments I’ll be around occasionally(as will John and Aliyah) to try to answer them for you.
Thanks Again!

Kris B.
[email protected]
www.Dodge.com

·
Registered
630 Posts
Kris, Aliyah, or John (DodgeInfoCenter),

Yes, please do try to shed some light on us. I and a few others on this board have ordered the Daytona Charger in GoMango within the past few weeks. Several of us included the Protection Group (ADB) option. We are all in BG status (Passed edit n/a for schedule). Something is holding up our orders. (Yes, I have talked to my dealer and they are clueless.) Through many calls to Customer Assitance (1800 992-1997, know it by heart now) and rumors on various forums, we have summized that there is something going on with the Protection Group. My question is, can you guys get a clear answer to what the problem is. Although I would like to ask if you can also find out when it might be corrected, I doubt that even you guys can do that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Kris,

Thanks for all the great info. I have a question. Most of the information I have seen says that the Road And Track Perfromance Group also has the performance enhancements that net 350HP versus the regular RT which has 340HP.

I believe there was another DCX marketing person here yesterday that mentioned the R/T performance group had a different exhaust than the regular RT. Can you clarify that the R/T performance group has the intake/exhaust tuning to bring it up to 350HP?

k

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Guys!
Thanks for the questions I hope I’ll be able to answer them for you.

CO-Charger, first let me congratulate you on your order, I’m sure when it does arrive you will be thrilled with it. I just love that GoManGo color, it glows even at night. Apparently, with regards to the Dodge Charger Protection Group at this point it is a production scheduling issue. This package can be ordered, however isn’t able to be built as yet due to an overall delay on all Chargers. Once this delay is lifted, production of all Chargers should continue, including the Protection Group package. I wish I had something more definitive for you. Your dealership should be getting updated on a regular basis so keep in touch with them. I will try to keep you updated as I get more information as well.

kra9235, Official word has it that the R&T group has a tuned engine with MDS that nets 350 hp and the same dual exhaust as the R/T, and the Dodge Daytona R/T has the tuned induction and exhaust that nets the same 10 hp boost to 350 hp. This information can be found on the dodge.com/charger site. Have you checked out our updated site?

I hope I was of some assistance. Thanks again for the great questions!

Kris B.
[email protected]
www.Dodge.com

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Kris,

Do you know when the Mopar accessories will be available? What about pricing?

Also, what info do you have (specs, technical info., etc.) on the dual exhaust for the SE/SXT?

Finally, will there be performance upgrades offered for SE/SXT models...such as an induction system?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
ChargerSXT said:
Kris,

Do you know when the Mopar accessories will be available? What about pricing?

Also, what info do you have (specs, technical info., etc.) on the dual exhaust for the SE/SXT?

Finally, will there be performance upgrades offered for SE/SXT models...such as an induction system?

Thanks for your help.
Ditto. :wave:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi ChargerSXT and ninerjo;

Great questions! Unfortunately, I don’t have a timeframe for when MOPAR accessories will be available for the Dodge Charger. Your best bet is to keep in touch with your local DCX dealer or the dodge.com site for future updates.
In addition, keep an eye on the Mopar.com website for available accessories for the Charger.

Have you downloaded the Induction Unit from Dodge.com/Charger? It has great information on specs and has a direct link to the Mopar site.

For your exhaust question on the SE/SXT, I would need to get back to you on that. Currently, I do not have any definite information, except for the exhaust on the Dodge Charger R/T and Daytona R/T models.

Thanks again and keep in touch,

Kris B.
[email protected]
www.Dodge.com

·
Registered
175 Posts
Kris: Do you know when Dodge will be accepting dealer orders for the Charger SRT-8? I have heard they're going to start running them around September 14th. Any truth in this. I have a deposit down and the dealer and I are just waiting for the lines to open. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts